Imageim•age (im′ij),USA pronunciation n., v., -aged, -ag•ing.
- a physical likeness or representation of a person, animal, or thing, photographed, painted, sculptured, or otherwise made visible.
- an optical counterpart or appearance of an object, as is produced by reflection from a mirror, refraction by a lens, or the passage of luminous rays through a small aperture and their reception on a surface.
- a mental representation;
- a mental representation of something previously perceived, in the absence of the original stimulus.
semblance: We are all created in God's image.
copy: That child is the image of his mother.
- a symbol;
- the general or public perception of a company, public figure, etc., esp. as achieved by careful calculation aimed at creating widespread goodwill.
- a type;
embodiment: Red-faced and angry, he was the image of frustration.
- a description of something in speech or writing: Keats created some of the most beautiful images in the language.
- a figure of speech, esp. a metaphor or a simile.
- an idol or representation of a deity: They knelt down before graven images.
- the point or set of points in the range corresponding to a designated point in the domain of a given function.
- [Archaic.]an illusion or apparition.
- to picture or represent in the mind;
- to make an image of;
portray in sculpture, painting, etc.
- to project (photographs, film, etc.) on a surface: Familiar scenes were imaged on the screen.
- to reflect the likeness of;
- to set forth in speech or writing;
- to symbolize;
- to resemble.
- [Informal.]to create an image for (a company, public figure, etc.): The candidate had to be imaged before being put on the campaign trail.
- to transform (data) into an exact replica in a different form, as changing digital data to pixels for display on a CRT or representing a medical scan of a body part in digital form.
Actact (akt),USA pronunciation n.
- anything done, being done, or to be done;
performance: a heroic act.
- the process of doing: caught in the act.
- a formal decision, law, or the like, by a legislature, ruler, court, or other authority;
decree or edict;
judgment, resolve, or award: an act of Congress.
- an instrument or document stating something done or transacted.
- one of the main divisions of a play or opera: the second act ofHamlet.
- a short performance by one or more entertainers, usually part of a variety show or radio or television program.
- the personnel of such a group: The act broke up after 30 years.
- false show;
feint: The politician's pious remarks were all an act.
- (in scholasticism)
- activity in process;
- the principle or power of operation.
- form as determining essence.
- a state of realization, as opposed to potentiality.
- clean up one's act, [Informal.]to begin adhering to more acceptable practices, rules of behavior, etc.: The factory must clean up its act and treat its employees better.
- get or have one's act together, [Informal.]to organize one's time, job, resources, etc., so as to function efficiently: The new administration is still getting its act together.
- to do something;
exert energy or force;
be employed or operative: He acted promptly in the emergency.
- to reach, make, or issue a decision on some matter: I am required to act before noon tomorrow.
- to operate or function in a particular way;
perform specific duties or functions: to act as manager.
- to produce an effect;
perform a function: The medicine failed to act.
- to behave or conduct oneself in a particular fashion: to act well under all conditions.
- to pretend;
feign: Act interested even if you're bored.
- to perform as an actor: He acted in three plays by Molière.
- to be capable of being performed: His plays don't act well.
- to serve or substitute (usually fol. by for): In my absence the assistant manager will act for me.
- to represent (a fictitious or historical character) with one's person: to act Macbeth.
- to feign;
counterfeit: to act outraged virtue.
- to behave as: He acted the fool.
- [Obs.]to actuate.
- act funny, to display eccentric or suspicious behavior.
- act on or upon:
- to act in accordance with;
follow: He acted on my advice.
- to have an effect on;
affect: The stirring music acted on the emotions of the audience.
- act one's age, to behave in a manner appropriate to one's maturity: We children enjoyed our uncle because he didn't always act his age.
- act out:
- to demonstrate or illustrate by pantomime or by words and gestures: The party guests acted out stories for one another.
- to give overt expression to (repressed emotions or impulses) without insightful understanding: The patients acted out early traumas by getting angry with the analyst.
- act up:
- to fail to function properly;
malfunction: The vacuum cleaner is acting up again.
- to behave willfully: The children always act up in school the day before a holiday.
- to become painful or troublesome, esp. after a period of improvement or remission: My arthritis is acting up again this morning.
Inin (in),USA pronunciation prep., adv., adj., n., v., inned, in•ning.
- (used to indicate inclusion within space, a place, or limits): walking in the park.
- (used to indicate inclusion within something abstract or immaterial): in politics; in the autumn.
- (used to indicate inclusion within or occurrence during a period or limit of time): in ancient times; a task done in ten minutes.
- (used to indicate limitation or qualification, as of situation, condition, relation, manner, action, etc.): to speak in a whisper; to be similar in appearance.
- (used to indicate means): sketched in ink; spoken in French.
- (used to indicate motion or direction from outside to a point within) into: Let's go in the house.
- (used to indicate transition from one state to another): to break in half.
- (used to indicate object or purpose): speaking in honor of the event.
- in that, because;
inasmuch as: In that you won't have time for supper, let me give you something now.
- in or into some place, position, state, relation, etc.: Please come in.
- on the inside;
- in one's house or office.
- in office or power.
- in possession or occupancy.
- having the turn to play, as in a game.
- [Baseball.](of an infielder or outfielder) in a position closer to home plate than usual;
short: The third baseman played in, expecting a bunt.
- on good terms;
in favor: He's in with his boss, but he doubts it will last.
- in vogue;
in style: He says straw hats will be in this year.
- in season: Watermelons will soon be in.
- be in for, to be bound to undergo something, esp. a disagreeable experience: We are in for a long speech.
- in for it, [Slang.]about to suffer chastisement or unpleasant consequences, esp. of one's own actions or omissions: I forgot our anniversary again, and I'll be in for it now.Also,[Brit.,] for it.
- in with, on friendly terms with;
familiar or associating with: They are in with all the important people.
- located or situated within;
internal: the in part of a mechanism.
- in favor with advanced or sophisticated people;
stylish: the in place to dine; Her new novel is the in book to read this summer.
- comprehensible only to a special or ultrasophisticated group: an in joke.
included in a favored group.
inbound: an in train.
- being in power, authority, control, etc.: a member of the in party.
- playing the last nine holes of an eighteen-hole golf course (opposed to out): His in score on the second round was 34.
- Usually, ins. persons in office or political power (distinguished from outs).
- a member of the political party in power: The election made him an in.
- pull or influence;
a social advantage or connection: He's got an in with the senator.
- (in tennis, squash, handball, etc.) a return or service that lands within the in-bounds limits of a court or section of a court (opposed to out).
v.t. Brit. [Dial.]
- to enclose.
Stepstep (step),USA pronunciation n., v., stepped, step•ping.
- a movement made by lifting the foot and setting it down again in a new position, accompanied by a shifting of the weight of the body in the direction of the new position, as in walking, running, or dancing.
- such a movement followed by a movement of equal distance of the other foot: The soldier took one step forward and stood at attention.
- the space passed over or the distance measured by one such movement of the foot.
- the sound made by the foot in making such a movement.
- a mark or impression made by the foot on the ground;
- the manner of walking;
- pace in marching: double-quick step.
- a pace uniform with that of another or others, or in time with music.
- steps, movements or course in walking or running: to retrace one's steps.
- a move, act, or proceeding, as toward some end or in the general course of some action;
stage, measure, or period: the five steps to success.
- rank, degree, or grade, as on a vertical scale.
- a support for the foot in ascending or descending: a step of a ladder; a stair of 14 steps.
- a very short distance: She was never more than a step away from her children.
- a repeated pattern or unit of movement in a dance formed by a combination of foot and body motions.
- a degree of the staff or of the scale.
- the interval between two adjacent scale degrees;
second. Cf. semitone, whole step.
- steps, a stepladder.
- an offset part of anything.
- a socket, frame, or platform for supporting the lower end of a mast.
- a flat-topped ledge on the face of a quarry or a mine working.
- break step, to interrupt or cease walking or marching in step: The marching units were allowed to break step after they had passed the reviewing stand.
- in step:
- moving in time to a rhythm or with the corresponding step of others.
- in harmony or conformity with: They are not in step with the times.
- keep step, to keep pace;
stay in step: The construction of classrooms and the training of teachers have not kept step with population growth.
- out of step:
- not in time to a rhythm or corresponding to the step of others.
- not in harmony or conformity with: They are out of step with the others in their group.
- step by step:
- from one stage to the next in sequence.
- gradually and steadily: We were shown the steelmaking process step by step.
- take steps, to set about putting something into operation;
begin to act: I will take steps to see that your application is processed.
- watch one's step, to proceed with caution;
behave prudently: If she doesn't watch her step, she will be fired from her job.
- to move, go, etc., by lifting the foot and setting it down again in a new position, or by using the feet alternately in this manner: to step forward.
- to walk, or go on foot, esp. for a few strides or a short distance: Step over to the bar.
- to move with measured steps, as in a dance.
- to go briskly or fast, as a horse.
- to obtain, find, win, come upon, etc., something easily and naturally, as if by a mere step of the foot: to step into a good business opportunity.
- to put the foot down;
tread by intention or accident: to step on a cat's tail.
- to press with the foot, as on a lever, spring, or the like, in order to operate some mechanism.
- to take (a step, pace, stride, etc.).
- to go through or perform the steps of (a dance).
- to move or set (the foot) in taking a step.
- to measure (a distance, ground, etc.) by steps (sometimes fol. by off or out).
- to make or arrange in the manner of a series of steps.
- to fix (a mast) in its step.
- step down:
- to lower or decrease by degrees.
- to relinquish one's authority or control;
resign: Although he was past retirement age, he refused to step down and let his son take over the business.
- step in, to become involved;
intervene, as in a quarrel or fight: The brawl was well under way by the time the police stepped in.
- step on it, to hasten one's activity or steps;
hurry up: If we don't step on it, we'll miss the show.
- step out:
- to leave a place, esp. for a brief period of time.
- to walk or march at a more rapid pace.
- to go out to a social gathering or on a date: We're stepping out tonight.
- step up:
- to raise or increase by degrees: to step up production.
- to be promoted;
- to make progress;
Hi there, this image is about Image Titled Act In A Chatroom Step 7 (marvelous Dc Chat Room #2). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this image is 693 x 440. This image's file size is only 35 KB. If You ought to save It to Your PC, you can Click here. You may also see more pictures by clicking the following picture or see more at this article: Dc Chat Room.
Farming is really an enjoyable action to unwind. How exactly to select Dc Chat Room turned one of gardening's important areas. Moreover, now there are several types and colors of container sold producing the choice method could be more enjoyable and complicated. Consequently, before selecting a container that's appropriate for a selection of flowers in the home, be sure that you have noticed the following guidelines.
A lot more than just a place box, to place also can provide as decor. Variety of the proper pan can improve your home's attractiveness. Conversely, in the event the size of the pan you select is too large, plenty of vitamins that'll not be achieved from the beginnings, so there will infact be in useless.
The roots can be actually made by it to rot because the pot's underside can clot and damp. In addition, notice likewise the region that you will use to place the pot. If that's improbable to become restricted, in order to conserve area, you can try to use a hanging container.
Related Galleries on Image Titled Act In A Chatroom Step 7 (marvelous Dc Chat Room #2)
- Cleaning Checklist By Room
- Dania Leather Sofa
- Good Ol Boys Plumbing
- Dodge Dart Floor Mats
- How To Make A Patchwork Quilt With A Sewing Machine
- Kids Drawers
- Appropriate Gifts For A Bridal Shower
- Oak Upholstered Dining Room Chairs
- Killing Floor Book
- Light Skin Bootys
- How To Rent Out A Room
- Blinds Crewe
- Bunk Beds Futon
- Canopy Chair With Footrest
- Malibu Wines Tasting Room
- Living Room Rugs Uk