**If You'd Rather Have This Tutorial In Downloadable/printed Form, Check Out The Giant Vintage Star Quilt Pattern. It Features A Throw Quilt, Baby Quilt, . (ordinary Giant Vintage Star Quilt #6)
6 pictures of **If You'd Rather Have This Tutorial In Downloadable/printed Form, Check Out The Giant Vintage Star Quilt Pattern. It Features A Throw Quilt, Baby Quilt, . (ordinary Giant Vintage Star Quilt #6)
Havehave (hav;[unstressed]həv, əv* [for 26 usually]haf ),USA pronunciation v. and auxiliary v., pres. sing. 1st pers. have, 2nd have or ([Archaic]) hast, 3rd has or ([Archaic]) hath, pres. pl. have* past sing. 1st pers. had, 2nd had or ([Archaic]) ) hadst or had•dest, 3rd had, past pl. had;
past part. had;
pres. part. hav•ing, n.
- to possess;
hold for use;
contain: He has property. The work has an index.
- to hold, possess, or accept in some relation, as of kindred or relative position: He wanted to marry her, but she wouldn't have him.
- to get, receive, or take: to have a part in a play; to have news.
- to experience, undergo, or endure, as joy or pain: Have a good time. He had a heart attack last year.
- to hold in mind, sight, etc.: to have doubts.
- to cause to, as by command or invitation: Have him come here at five.
- to be related to or be in a certain relation to: She has three cousins. He has a kind boss.
- to show or exhibit in action or words: She had the crust to refuse my invitation.
- to be identified or distinguished by;
possess the characteristic of: He has a mole on his left cheek. This wood has a silky texture.
- to engage in or carry on: to have a talk; to have a fight.
- to partake of;
eat or drink: He had cake and coffee for dessert.
- to permit or allow: I will not have any talking during the concert.
- to assert, maintain, or represent as being: Rumor has it that she's going to be married.
- to know, understand, or be skilled in: to have neither Latin nor Greek.
- to beget or give birth to: to have a baby.
- to hold an advantage over: He has you there.
- to outwit, deceive, or cheat: We realized we'd been had by an expert con artist.
- to control or possess through bribery;
- to gain possession of: There is none to be had at that price.
- to hold or put in a certain position or situation: The problem had me stumped. They had him where they wanted him.
- to exercise, display, or make use of: Have pity on him.
- to invite or cause to be present as a companion or guest: We had Evelyn and Everett over for dinner. He has his bodyguard with him at all times.
- to engage in sexual intercourse with.
- to be in possession of money or wealth: There are some who have and some who have not.
- (used with a past participle to form perfect tenses): She has gone. It would have been an enjoyable party if he hadn't felt downcast.
- to be required, compelled, or under obligation (fol. by infinitival to, with or without a main verb): I have to leave now. I didn't want to study, but I had to.
- had better or best, ought to: You'd better go now, it's late.
- had rather. See rather (def. 8).
- have at, to go at vigorously;
attack: First he decided to have at his correspondence.
- have done, to cease;
finish: It seemed that they would never have done with their struggle.
- have had it:
- to become weary of or disgusted with whatever one has been doing: I've been working like a fool, but now I've had it.
- to suffer defeat;
fail: He was a great pitcher, but after this season he'll have had it.
- to have missed a last opportunity: He refused to take any more excuses and told them all that they'd had it.
- to become unpopular or passé: Quiz shows have had it.
- have it coming, to merit or deserve: When they lost their fortune, everyone said that they had it coming.
- have it in for, to plan or wish to do something unpleasant to;
hold a grudge against: She has it in for intelligent students who fail to use their abilities.
- have it out, to come to an understanding or decision through discussion or combat: We've been in disagreement about this for a long time, and I think we should have it out, once and for all.
- have on:
- to be clothed in;
be wearing: She had on a new dress.
- to have arranged or planned: What do you have on for Christmas?
- to tease (a person);
make the butt of a joke. Cf. put (def. 34).
- have to do with:
- to be connected or associated with: Your lack of confidence probably had a lot to do with your not getting the job.
- to deal with;
be concerned with: I will have nothing to do with their personal squabbles.
- to have and to hold, to possess legally;
have permanent possession of: The house, with the mortgage finally paid, was at last their own to have and to hold.
- Usually, haves. an individual or group that has wealth, social position, or other material benefits (contrasted with have-not).
Tutorialtu•to•ri•al (to̅o̅ tôr′ē əl, -tōr′-, tyo̅o̅-),USA pronunciation adj.
- pertaining to or exercised by a tutor: tutorial functions or authority.
- a class in which a tutor gives intensive instruction in some subject to an individual student or a small group of students.
- programmed instruction provided to a user at a computer terminal, often concerning the use of a particular software package and built into that package.
- a manual explaining how to use a particular software package or computer system.
Inin (in),USA pronunciation prep., adv., adj., n., v., inned, in•ning.
- (used to indicate inclusion within space, a place, or limits): walking in the park.
- (used to indicate inclusion within something abstract or immaterial): in politics; in the autumn.
- (used to indicate inclusion within or occurrence during a period or limit of time): in ancient times; a task done in ten minutes.
- (used to indicate limitation or qualification, as of situation, condition, relation, manner, action, etc.): to speak in a whisper; to be similar in appearance.
- (used to indicate means): sketched in ink; spoken in French.
- (used to indicate motion or direction from outside to a point within) into: Let's go in the house.
- (used to indicate transition from one state to another): to break in half.
- (used to indicate object or purpose): speaking in honor of the event.
- in that, because;
inasmuch as: In that you won't have time for supper, let me give you something now.
- in or into some place, position, state, relation, etc.: Please come in.
- on the inside;
- in one's house or office.
- in office or power.
- in possession or occupancy.
- having the turn to play, as in a game.
- [Baseball.](of an infielder or outfielder) in a position closer to home plate than usual;
short: The third baseman played in, expecting a bunt.
- on good terms;
in favor: He's in with his boss, but he doubts it will last.
- in vogue;
in style: He says straw hats will be in this year.
- in season: Watermelons will soon be in.
- be in for, to be bound to undergo something, esp. a disagreeable experience: We are in for a long speech.
- in for it, [Slang.]about to suffer chastisement or unpleasant consequences, esp. of one's own actions or omissions: I forgot our anniversary again, and I'll be in for it now.Also,[Brit.,] for it.
- in with, on friendly terms with;
familiar or associating with: They are in with all the important people.
- located or situated within;
internal: the in part of a mechanism.
- in favor with advanced or sophisticated people;
stylish: the in place to dine; Her new novel is the in book to read this summer.
- comprehensible only to a special or ultrasophisticated group: an in joke.
included in a favored group.
inbound: an in train.
- being in power, authority, control, etc.: a member of the in party.
- playing the last nine holes of an eighteen-hole golf course (opposed to out): His in score on the second round was 34.
- Usually, ins. persons in office or political power (distinguished from outs).
- a member of the political party in power: The election made him an in.
- pull or influence;
a social advantage or connection: He's got an in with the senator.
- (in tennis, squash, handball, etc.) a return or service that lands within the in-bounds limits of a court or section of a court (opposed to out).
v.t. Brit. [Dial.]
- to enclose.
Checkcheck1 (chek),USA pronunciation v., n., pl. checks or, for 45, chex, adj., interj.
- to stop or arrest the motion of suddenly or forcibly: He checked the horse at the edge of the cliff.
- to restrain;
hold in restraint or control: They built a high wall to check the tides.
- to cause a reduction, as in rate or intensity;
diminish: The new measures checked the rapidity with which the epidemic was spreading.
- to investigate or verify as to correctness: She checked the copy against the original.
- to make an inquiry into, search through, etc.: We checked the files, but the letter was missing.
- to inspect or test the performance, condition, safety, etc., of (something): Check a used car thoroughly before buying it.
- to mark (something) so as to indicate examination, correctness, preference, etc. (often fol. by off): Please check the correct answer. They checked off the names of people they wanted to invite.
- to leave in temporary custody: Check your umbrellas at the door.
- to accept for temporary custody: We accept responsibility for any article we check here.
- to send (baggage) on a passenger's ticket, usually on the same carrier used by the passenger, for pickup at the destination: We checked two trunks through to Portland.
- to accept (baggage) for conveyance, and to convey, under the privilege of a passenger's ticket: Check this trunk to Portland.
- to mark with or in a pattern of squares: to check fabric.
- [Agric.]to plant in checkrows.
- [Chess.]to place (an opponent's king) under direct attack.
- [Ice Hockey.]to obstruct or impede the movement or progress of (an opponent). Cf. back-check, fore-check.
- to prove to be right;
correspond accurately: The reprint checks with the original, item for item.
- to make an inquiry, investigation, etc., as for verification (often fol. by up, into, etc.): He checked to make sure his answer was correct. Check into the matter.
- to make a sudden stop;
pause: The horse checked before he jumped.
- [Chess.]to make a move that puts the opponent's king under direct attack.
- to crack or split, usually in small checks: Painted surfaces may check with age.
- [Poker.]to decline to initiate the betting in a betting round, usually to force another player to make the first bet rather than raise it.
- [Hunting.](of hounds) to stop, esp. because the line of scent has been lost.
- [Falconry.](of a hawk) to forsake the proper prey and follow baser game (fol. by at).
- check in, to register, as at a hotel;
indicate one's arrival or presence at a place, function, etc., usually by signing an appropriate form: We checked in at the reception desk.
- check on or up on, to investigate, scrutinize, or inspect: Don't forget to check on his work. We have to check up on him.
- check out:
- to vacate and pay for one's quarters at a hotel.
- to verify or become verified;
examine or investigate.
- to fulfill requirements, as by passing a test: The engine checked out and we proceeded on our way.
- to itemize, total the cost of, and collect payment for (a purchase): The supermarket cashier was exhausted from checking out groceries all day long.
- to have the cost added up and pay for merchandise.
- to borrow (an item) by having it listed as one's temporary responsibility: The adding machine was checked out in your name.
- [Informal.]to depart quickly or abruptly;
leave in a hurry.
- [Slang.]to die.
- check over, to examine or investigate, esp. thoroughly.
- check the helm, [Naut.]to alter the helm of a turning vessel to keep the bow from swinging too far or too rapidly.
- Also,[Brit.,] cheque. [Banking.]a written order, usually on a standard printed form, directing a bank to pay money.
- a slip or ticket showing the amount owed, esp. a bill for food or beverages consumed.
- a ticket or token that when matched with a counterpart identifies an article left in the temporary custody of another, the purchaser of a ticket, a person who is to be served next, etc.
- a criterion, standard, or means to insure against error, fraud, etc.: This handmade sample is a check that the machine-made samples have to match.
- an inquiry, search, or examination: We made a quick check but found nothing missing.
- Also called check mark. a mark, often indicated by (✓), as on a list, to indicate that something has been considered, acted upon, or approved.
- a person or thing that stops, limits, slows, or restrains: The increase of duty was an effective check on imports. He was a check on her enthusiasm.
- a sudden arrest or stoppage;
rebuff: Taxation caused a check in the accumulation of vast fortunes.
- a control, test, or inspection that ascertains performance or prevents error: They ran a check on the dependability of the automobile.
- a pattern formed of squares, as on a checkerboard.
- one of the squares in such a pattern.
- a fabric having a check pattern.
- [Chess.]the exposure of the king to direct attack: The king was in check.
- [Ice Hockey.]any of several maneuvers designed to obstruct or impede the forward progress of an opponent. Cf. board check, body check, cross-check (def. 5), hook check, poke check, sweep check.
- a counter used in card games, as the chip in poker.
- a small crack: There were several checks in the paint.
- an egg, designated for market, having a slightly cracked shell and an intact inner membrane.
- [Masonry.]a rabbet-shaped cutting on the edge of a stone, by which it is fitted to another stone.
- the losing of the scent by a dog or pack.
- (in fox hunting) a period in a hunt, following the losing of the scent by the hounds, during which the field rests quietly while the hounds cast to regain the scent.
- in check, under restraint: He held his anger in check.
- serving to check, control, verify, etc.: a check system.
- ornamented with a checkered pattern;
checkered: a check border.
- [Chess.](used as a call to warn one's opponent that his or her king is exposed to direct attack, having just one move in which to escape or parry.)
- [Informal.]all right! agreed!
Outout (out),USA pronunciation adv.
- away from, or not in, the normal or usual place, position, state, etc.: out of alphabetical order; to go out to dinner.
- away from one's home, country, work, etc., as specified: to go out of town.
- in or into the outdoors: to go out for a walk.
- to a state of exhaustion, extinction, or depletion: to pump a well out.
- to the end or conclusion;
to a final decision or resolution: to say it all out.
- to a point or state of extinction, nonexistence, etc.: to blow out the candle; a practice on the way out.
- in or into a state of neglect, disuse, etc.;
not in current vogue or fashion: That style has gone out.
- so as not to be in the normal or proper position or state;
out of joint: His back went out after his fall.
- in or into public notice or knowledge: The truth is out at last.
- seeking openly and energetically to do or have: to be out for a good time.
- not in present possession or use, as on loan: The librarian said that the book was still out.
- on strike: The miners go out at midnight.
- so as to project or extend: to stretch out; stick your tongue out.
- in or into activity, existence, or outward manifestation: A rash came out on her arm.
- from a specified source or material: made out of scraps.
- from a state of composure, satisfaction, or harmony: to be put out over trifles.
- in or into a state of confusion, vexation, dispute, variance, or unfriendliness: to fall out about trifles.
- so as to deprive or be deprived: to be cheated out of one's money.
- so as to use the last part of: to run out of gas.
- from a number, stock, or store: to point out the errors.
- aloud or loudly: to cry out.
- with completeness or effectiveness: to fill out.
entirely: The children tired me out.
- so as to obliterate or make undecipherable: to cross out a misspelling; to ink out.
- all out, with maximum effort;
thoroughly or wholeheartedly: They went all out to finish by Friday.
- out and away, to a surpassing extent;
far and away;
by far: It was out and away the best apple pie she had ever eaten.
- out for, aggressively determined to acquire, achieve, etc.: He's out for all the money he can get.
- out from under, out of a difficult situation, esp. of debts or other obligations: The work piled up while I was away and I don't know how I'll ever get out from under.
- out of:
- not within: out of the house.
- beyond the reach of: The boat's passengers had sailed out of hearing.
- not in a condition of: out of danger.
- so as to deprive or be deprived of.
- from within or among: Take the jokers out of the pack.
- because of;
owing to: out of loyalty.
- foaled by (a dam): Grey Dancer out of Lady Grey.
- out of it, [Informal.]
- not part of or acceptable within an activity, social group, or fashion: She felt out of it because none of her friends were at the party.
- not conscious;
drunk or heavily drugged.
- not alert or clearheaded;
- eliminated from contention: If our team loses two more games, we'll be out of it.
- out of sight. See sight (def. 19).
- out of trim, (of a ship) drawing excessively at the bow or stern.
- not at one's home or place of employment;
absent: I stopped by to visit you last night, but you were out.
- not open to consideration;
out of the question: I wanted to go by plane, but all the flights are booked, so that's out.
without: We had some but now we're out.
- removed from or not in effective operation, play, a turn at bat, or the like, as in a game: He's out for the season because of an injury.
- no longer having or holding a job, public office, etc.;
disengaged (usually fol. by of ): to be out of work.
extinguished: The elevator is out. Are the lights out?
ended: before the week is out.
- not currently stylish, fashionable, or in vogue: Fitted waistlines are out this season.
senseless: Two drinks and he's usually out.
- not in power, authority, or the like: a member of the out party.
- (of a batter) not succeeding in getting on base: He was out at first on an attempted bunt.
- (of a base runner) not successful in an attempt to advance a base or bases: He was out in attempting to steal second base.
- beyond fixed or regular limits;
out of bounds: The ball was out.
- having a pecuniary loss or expense to an indicated extent: The company will be out millions of dollars if the new factory doesn't open on schedule.
- incorrect or inaccurate: His calculations are out.
- not in practice;
unskillful from lack of practice: Your bow hand is out.
- beyond the usual range, size, weight, etc. (often used in combination): an outsize bed.
made bare, as by holes in one's clothing: out at the knees.
- at variance;
unfriendly: They are out with each other.
- moving or directed outward;
outgoing: the out train.
- not available, plentiful, etc.: Mums are out till next fall.
- located at a distance;
outlying: We sailed to six of the out islands.
- [Cricket.]not having its innings: the out side.
- of or pertaining to the playing of the first nine holes of an 18-hole golf course (opposed to in): His out score on the second round was 33.
- (used to indicate movement or direction from the inside to the outside of something): He looked out the window. She ran out the door.
- (used to indicate location): The car is parked out back.
- (used to indicate movement away from a central point): Let's drive out the old parkway.
- begone! away!
- (used in radio communications to signify that the sender has finished the message and is not expecting or prepared to receive a reply.) Cf. over (def. 61).
- [Archaic.](an exclamation of abhorrence, indignation, reproach, or grief (usually fol. by upon): Out upon you!
- a means of escape or excuse, as from a place, punishment, retribution, responsibility, etc.: He always left himself an out.
- a person who lacks status, power, or authority, esp. in relation to a particular group or situation.
- Usually, outs. persons not in office or political power (distinguished from ins).
- [Baseball.]a put-out.
- (in tennis, squash, handball, etc.) a return or service that does not land within the in-bounds limits of a court or section of a court (opposed to in).
- something that is out, as a projecting corner.
- the omission of a word or words.
- the word or words omitted.
- [Northern Brit. Dial.]an outing.
- be on the or at outs with, to be estranged from (another person);
be unfriendly or on bad terms with: He is on the outs with his brother.
- to go or come out.
- to become public, evident, known, etc.: The truth will out.
- to make known;
utter (fol. by with): Out with the truth!
- to eject or expel;
- to intentionally expose (a secret homosexual, esp. a public figure).
Thethe1 (stressed ᵺē; unstressed before a consonant ᵺə;
unstressed before a vowel ᵺē),USA pronunciation definite article.
- (used, esp. before a noun, with a specifying or particularizing effect, as opposed to the indefinite or generalizing force of the indefinite article a or an): the book you gave me; Come into the house.
- (used to mark a proper noun, natural phenomenon, ship, building, time, point of the compass, branch of endeavor, or field of study as something well-known or unique):the sun;
the past; the West.
- (used with or as part of a title): the Duke of Wellington; the Reverend John Smith.
- (used to mark a noun as indicating the best-known, most approved, most important, most satisfying, etc.): the skiing center of the U.S.; If you're going to work hard, now is the time.
- (used to mark a noun as being used generically): The dog is a quadruped.
- (used in place of a possessive pronoun, to note a part of the body or a personal belonging): He won't be able to play football until the leg mends.
- (used before adjectives that are used substantively, to note an individual, a class or number of individuals, or an abstract idea): to visit the sick; from the sublime to the ridiculous.
- (used before a modifying adjective to specify or limit its modifying effect): He took the wrong road and drove miles out of his way.
- (used to indicate one particular decade of a lifetime or of a century): the sixties; the gay nineties.
- (one of many of a class or type, as of a manufactured item, as opposed to an individual one): Did you listen to the radio last night?
- enough: He saved until he had the money for a new car. She didn't have the courage to leave.
- (used distributively, to note any one separately) for, to, or in each;
a or an: at one dollar the pound.
Giantgi•ant (jī′ənt),USA pronunciation n.
- (in folklore) a being with human form but superhuman size, strength, etc.
- a person or thing of unusually great size, power, importance, etc.;
legend: a giant in her field; an intellectual giant.
- (often cap.) [Class. Myth.]any of the Gigantes.
- monitor (def. 12).
- See giant star.
- unusually large, great, or strong;
- greater or more eminent than others.
Vintagevin•tage (vin′tij),USA pronunciation n., adj., v., -taged, -tag•ing.
- the wine from a particular harvest or crop.
- the annual produce of the grape harvest, esp. with reference to the wine obtained.
- an exceptionally fine wine from the crop of a good year.
- the time of gathering grapes, or of winemaking.
- the act or process of producing wine;
- the class of a dated object with reference to era of production or use: a hat of last year's vintage.
- of or pertaining to wines or winemaking.
- being of a specified vintage: Vintage wines are usually more expensive than nonvintage wines.
- representing the high quality of a past time: vintage cars; vintage movies.
- old-fashioned or obsolete: vintage jokes.
- being the best of its kind: They praised the play as vintage O'Neill.
- to gather or harvest (grapes) for wine-making: The muscats were vintaged too early.
- to make (wine) from grapes: a region that vintages a truly great champagne.
- to harvest grapes for wine-making.
Starstar (stär),USA pronunciation n., adj., v., starred, star•ring.
- any of the heavenly bodies, except the moon, appearing as fixed luminous points in the sky at night.
- any of the large, self-luminous, heavenly bodies, as the sun, Polaris, etc.
- any heavenly body.
- a heavenly body, esp. a planet, considered as influencing humankind and events.
- a person's destiny, fortune, temperament, etc., regarded as influenced and determined by the stars.
- a conventionalized figure usually having five or six points radiating from or disposed about a center.
- this figure used as an ornament, award, badge, mark of excellence, etc.: The movie was awarded three stars.
- a gem having the star cut.
- the asterism in a crystal or a gemstone, as in a star sapphire.
- a crystal or a gemstone having such asterism.
- See star facet.
- an asterisk.
- a person who is celebrated or distinguished in some art, profession, or other field.
- a prominent actor, singer, or the like, esp. one who plays the leading role in a performance.
- [U.S. Mil.]See battle star.
- [U.S. Navy.]
- a gold or bronze star worn on the ribbon of a decoration or medal to represent a second or subsequent award of the same decoration or medal.
- a silver star worn in place of five gold or bronze stars.
- a white spot on the forehead of a horse.
- a mullet.
- make someone see stars, to deal someone a severe blow causing the illusion of brilliant streaks of light before the eyes: The blow on the head made him see stars, and the next thing he knew he was in the hospital.
- thank one's lucky stars, to acknowledge one's good fortune;
be grateful: Instead of complaining about hospital bills she should thank her lucky stars she's still alive.Also, thank one's stars.
- celebrated, prominent, or distinguished;
preeminent: a star basketball player; a star reporter.
- of or pertaining to a star or stars.
- to set with or as with stars;
- to feature as a star: an old movie starring Rudolph Valentino .
- to mark with a star or asterisk, as for special notice.
- to shine as a star;
be brilliant or prominent.
- (of a performer) to appear as a star: He starred in several productions of Shaw's plays.
Quiltquilt (kwilt),USA pronunciation n.
- a coverlet for a bed, made of two layers of fabric with some soft substance, as wool or down, between them and stitched in patterns or tufted through all thicknesses in order to prevent the filling from shifting.
- anything quilted or resembling a quilt.
- a bedspread or counterpane, esp. a thick one.
- [Obs.]a mattress.
- to stitch together (two pieces of cloth and a soft interlining), usually in an ornamental pattern.
- to sew up between pieces of material.
- to pad or line with material.
- to make quilts or quilted work.
Itit1 (it),USA pronunciation pron., nom. it, poss. its or ([Obs.]or[Dial.]) it, obj. it;
pl. nom. they, poss. their or theirs, obj. them;
- (used to represent an inanimate thing understood, previously mentioned, about to be mentioned, or present in the immediate context): It has whitewall tires and red upholstery. You can't tell a book by its cover.
- (used to represent a person or animal understood, previously mentioned, or about to be mentioned whose gender is unknown or disregarded): It was the largest ever caught off the Florida coast. Who was it? It was John. The horse had its saddle on.
- (used to represent a group understood or previously mentioned): The judge told the jury it must decide two issues.
- (used to represent a concept or abstract idea understood or previously stated): It all started with Adam and Eve. He has been taught to believe it all his life.
- (used to represent an action or activity understood, previously mentioned, or about to be mentioned): Since you don't like it, you don't have to go skiing.
- (used as the impersonal subject of the verb to be, esp. to refer to time, distance, or the weather): It is six o'clock. It is five miles to town. It was foggy.
- (used in statements expressing an action, condition, fact, circumstance, or situation without reference to an agent): If it weren't for Edna, I wouldn't go.
- (used in referring to something as the origin or cause of pain, pleasure, etc.): Where does it hurt? It looks bad for the candidate.
- (used in referring to a source not specifically named or described): It is said that love is blind.
- (used in referring to the general state of affairs;
circumstances, fate, or life in general): How's it going with you?
- (used as an anticipatory subject or object to make a sentence more eloquent or suspenseful or to shift emphasis): It is necessary that you do your duty. It was a gun that he was carrying.
- [Informal.](used instead of the pronoun its before a gerund): It having rained for only one hour didn't help the crops.
- (in children's games) the player called upon to perform some task, as, in tag, the one who must catch the other players.
- sex appeal.
- sexual intercourse.
- get with it, [Slang.]to become active or interested: He was warned to get with it or resign.
- have it, [Informal.]
- to love someone: She really has it bad for him.
- to possess the requisite abilities for something;
be talented, adept, or proficient: In this business youeither have it or you don't.
- with it, [Slang.]
- aware of the latest fads, fashions, etc.;
- attentive or alert: I'm just not with it early in the morning.
- understanding or appreciative of something, as jazz.
- Carnival Slang. being a member of the carnival.
Throwthrow (thrō),USA pronunciation v., threw, thrown, throw•ing, n.
- to propel or cast in any way, esp. to project or propel from the hand by a sudden forward motion or straightening of the arm and wrist: to throw a ball.
- to hurl or project (a missile), as a gun does.
- to project or cast (light, a shadow, etc.).
- to project (the voice).
- to make it appear that one's voice is coming from a place different from its source, as in ventriloquism.
- to direct or send forth (words, a glance, etc.).
- to put or cause to go or come into some place, position, condition, etc., as if by hurling: to throw someone into prison; to throw a bridge across a river; to throw troops into action.
- to put on, off, or away hastily: to throw a shawl over one's shoulders.
- to move (a lever or the like) in order to activate, turn on, disconnect, etc., an apparatus or mechanism: to throw the switch.
- to connect, engage, disconnect, or disengage by such a procedure: to throw the current.
- to shape on a potter's wheel: to throw a vase.
- to bring to bear or invest: Throw all your energy into your work. The FBI threw every available agent into the case.
- to deliver a blow or punch: He threw a hard left jab to his opponent's chin.
- to cause to fall to the ground, esp. to hurl to the ground, as an opponent in wrestling.
- [Cards.]to play (a card).
- to lose (a game, race, or other contest) intentionally, as for a bribe.
- to cast (dice).
- to make (a cast) at dice: She threw two sixes.
- (of an animal, as a horse) to cause (someone) to fall off;
unseat: The horse threw his rider twice.
- to give or host: They threw a lavish party celebrating his 80th birthday.
- (of domestic animals) to bring forth (young).
- to twist (filaments) without attenuation in the production of yarn or thread.
- to overcome with astonishment or confusion;
amaze, disconcert, or confuse: It was her falsetto voice on top of it all that really threw me.
- to turn on a lathe.
- to cast, fling, or hurl a missile or the like.
- throw away:
- to dispose of;
- to employ wastefully;
- to fail to use;
miss (a chance, opportunity, etc.): He threw away a college education and a professional career.
- throw back:
- to retard the development or advancement of: His illness threw him back a year at school.
- to force into dependence upon or necessary use of.
- to return to;
- to revert to a type found in one's ancestry;
manifest atavism: Her red hair and blue eyes throw back to her great-grandmother.
- throw cold water on. See cold (def. 20).
- throw down the gauntlet or glove. See gauntlet 1 (def. 5).
- throw in, [Informal.]
- to add as a bonus or gratuity: They throw in breakfast with the room.
- to bring into (a discussion, plan, etc.) as an addition;
interject: The president threw in an amusing anecdote to relieve the tension.
- [Cards.]to abandon (a hand).
- throw in the sponge. See sponge (def. 11).
- throw in the towel. See towel (def. 2).
- throw off:
- to free oneself of;
cast aside: to throw off the wet poncho; to throw off the yoke of slavery.
- to escape from or delay, as a pursuer.
- to give off;
- to perform or produce with ease: The entertainer threw off a few songs and jokes to begin the show.
- to confuse;
fluster: Thrown off by jeers, she forgot her lines.
- [Australian Slang.]to criticize or ridicule (usually fol. by at).
- throw oneself at (someone) or at (someone's head), to strive to attract the interest or attention of, esp. in order to win the love or admiration of: Don't expect me to throw myself at you.
- throw oneself into, to engage in with energy or enthusiasm: She threw herself into learning the new routines.
- throw oneself on or upon (someone), to commit oneself to another's mercy, generosity, support, etc.;
trust in: The members of his wife's family have all thrown themselves on him.
- throw out:
- to cast away;
- to bring up for consideration;
propose: The committee threw out a few suggestions.
- to put out of mind;
reject: We can throw out that scheme.
- [Baseball.]to cause to be out by throwing the ball to a fielder, esp. an infielder, in time to prevent a batter or runner from reaching base safely: The shortstop backhanded the ball and threw the batter out at first.
- to eject from a place, esp. forcibly: He started making a disturbance so the bartenders threw him out.
- to expel, as from membership in a club.
- throw out the baby with the bathwater. See bathwater (def. 2).
- throw over, to forsake;
abandon: She threw over her first husband for another man.
- throw the bull. See bull 3 (def. 2).
- throw together:
- to make in a hurried and haphazard manner.
- to cause to associate: Many nationalities have been thrown together in the American melting pot.
- throw up:
- to give up;
- to build hastily.
- to vomit.
- to point out, as an error;
- (of a hawk) to fly suddenly upward.
- an act or instance of throwing or casting;
- the distance to which anything is or may be thrown: a stone's throw.
- a venture or chance: It was his last throw.
- the distance between the center of a crankshaft and the center of the crankpins, equal to one half of the piston stroke.
- the distance between the center of a crankshaft and the center of an eccentric.
- the movement of a reciprocating part in one direction.
- (in a motion-picture theater) the distance between the projector and the screen.
- (in an auditorium or the like) the distance between a loudspeaker and the audience.
- the length of a beam of light: a spotlight with a throw of 500 feet.
- a scarf, boa, shawl, or the like.
- the distance to which a spotlight can be projected.
- the area illuminated by a spotlight.
- a light blanket, as for use when reclining on a sofa;
- a cast of dice.
- the number thrown with a pair of dice.
- [Wrestling.]the act, method, or an instance of throwing an opponent.
- the amount of vertical displacement produced by a fault.
- a throw, [Informal.]each: He ordered four suits at $300 a throw.
Babyba•by (bā′bē),USA pronunciation n., pl. -bies, adj., v., -bied, -by•ing.
- an infant or very young child.
- a newborn or very young animal.
- the youngest member of a family, group, etc.
- an immature or childish person.
- a human fetus.
- [Sometimes Disparaging and Offensive.]a girl or woman, esp. an attractive one.
- a person of whom one is deeply fond;
- (sometimes cap.) an affectionate or familiar address (sometimes offensive when used to strangers, casual acquaintances, subordinates, etc., esp. by a male to a female).
- a man or boy;
fellow: He's a tough baby to have to deal with.
- an invention, creation, project, or the like that requires one's special attention or expertise or of which one is especially proud.
- an object;
thing: Is that car there your baby?
- of or suitable for a baby: baby clothes.
- of or like a baby;
infantile: baby skin.
comparatively little: a baby car.
- treating babies: a baby doctor.
- to treat like a young child;
- to handle or use with special care;
Hi there, this photo is about **If You'd Rather Have This Tutorial In Downloadable/printed Form, Check Out The Giant Vintage Star Quilt Pattern. It Features A Throw Quilt, Baby Quilt, . (ordinary Giant Vintage Star Quilt #6). It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 830 x 554. This post's file size is just 119 KB. If You decided to download It to Your PC, you may Click here. You also too download more attachments by clicking the image below or see more at here: Giant Vintage Star Quilt.
About what size your place is, you must think. Is it possible to match a tile that is large in or it'll simply seem strange. Perhaps you could make some themes out of use or cardboard taste to find out how it appears. Likewise the way you customize the room can be made by the tiles look its own coloring and greater can help. For instance, if there is a straight tile that is bright installed within the room may give a of space.
Spend your own time using the tile undertaking and ensure you've regarded all of the solutions to you and what is using the hardwood. Therefore it might be advisable to go and journey for the local Hardwood Highlight we recommend to find expert advice.
They'll get the job done easily and by the period you've rented every one of the vital equipment, may very well not commit a lot of cash. You may have even a toilet that is somewhat huge or a soaked bedroom. In both cases, the Giant Vintage Star Quilt design can be considered by you. The toilet that is more expensive may well not require tiles totally however the soaked space needs to be furnished.
Similar Designs of **If You'd Rather Have This Tutorial In Downloadable/printed Form, Check Out The Giant Vintage Star Quilt Pattern. It Features A Throw Quilt, Baby Quilt, . (ordinary Giant Vintage Star Quilt #6)
- Create Table As Select Sql Server
- Outdoor Furniture Clearance Singapore
- How To Install Ceiling Grid For A Drop Ceiling
- Heat Diffuser For Induction Cooktop
- House Of Blues Com
- Black White And Pink Room Decor
- Ec Robinson Upholstery
- Free Standing Towel Rack Stainless Steel
- Chair Lifts For Seniors
- 18 By 18 Pillow
- Garage Letchworth
- Lollipop Tree Quilt
- Gaiam Sol Yoga Mat
- Laundry Drying Cabinet Uk
- Laundry Rug Mat
- Desk For High School Student