Getget (get),USA pronunciation v., got or ([Archaic]) gat; got or got•ten;
- to receive or come to have possession, use, or enjoyment of: to get a birthday present; to get a pension.
- to cause to be in one's possession or succeed in having available for one's use or enjoyment;
acquire: to get a good price after bargaining; to get oil by drilling; to get information.
- to go after, take hold of, and bring (something) for one's own or for another's purposes;
fetch: Would you get the milk from the refrigerator for me?
- to cause or cause to become, to do, to move, etc., as specified;
effect: to get one's hair cut; to get a fire to burn; to get a dog out of a room.
- to communicate or establish communication with over a distance;
reach: You can always get me by telephone.
- to hear or hear clearly: I didn't get your last name.
- to acquire a mental grasp or command of;
learn: to get a lesson.
- to capture;
seize: Get him before he escapes!
- to receive as a punishment or sentence: to get a spanking; to get 20 years in jail.
- to prevail on;
influence or persuade: We'll get him to go with us.
- to prepare;
make ready: to get dinner.
- (esp. of animals) to beget.
- to affect emotionally: Her pleas got me.
- to hit, strike, or wound: The bullet got him in the leg.
- to kill.
- to take vengeance on: I'll get you yet!
- to catch or be afflicted with;
come down with or suffer from: He got malaria while living in the tropics. She gets butterflies before every performance.
- to puzzle;
annoy: Their silly remarks get me.
- to understand;
comprehend: I don't get the joke. This report may be crystal-clear to a scientist, but I don't get it.
- to come to a specified place;
reach: to get home late.
- to succeed, become enabled, or be permitted: You get to meet a lot of interesting people.
- to become or to cause oneself to become as specified;
reach a certain condition: to get angry; to get sick.
- (used as an auxiliary verb fol. by a past participle to form the passive): to get married; to get elected; to get hit by a car.
- to succeed in coming, going, arriving at, visiting, etc. (usually fol. by away, in, into, out, etc.): I don't get into town very often.
- to bear, endure, or survive (usually fol. by through or over): Can he get through another bad winter?
- to earn money;
- to leave promptly;
scram: He told us to get.
- to start or enter upon the action of (fol. by a present participle expressing action): to get moving; Get rolling.
- get about:
- to move about;
be active: He gets about with difficulty since his illness.
- to become known;
spread: It was supposed to be a secret, but somehow it got about.
- to be socially active: She's been getting about much more since her family moved to the city.Also, get around.
- get across:
- to make or become understandable;
communicate: to get a lesson across to students.
- to be convincing about;
impress upon others: The fire chief got across forcefully the fact that turning in a false alarm is a serious offense.
- get ahead, to be successful, as in business or society: She got ahead by sheer determination.
- get ahead of:
- to move forward of, as in traveling: The taxi got ahead of her after the light changed.
- to surpass;
outdo: He refused to let anyone get ahead of him in business.
- get along:
- to go away;
- See get on.
- get around:
- to circumvent;
- to ingratiate oneself with (someone) through flattery or cajolery.
- to travel from place to place;
circulate: I don't get around much anymore.
- See get about.
- get at:
- to reach;
touch: to stretch in order to get at a top shelf.
- to suggest, hint at, or imply;
intimate: What are you getting at?
- to discover;
determine: to get at the root of a problem.
- [Informal.]to influence by surreptitious or illegal means;
bribe: The gangsters couldn't get at the mayor.
- get away:
- to escape;
flee: He tried to get away, but the crowd was too dense.
- to start out;
leave: The racehorses got away from the starting gate.
- get away with, to perpetrate or accomplish without detection or punishment: Some people lie and cheat and always seem to get away with it.
- get back:
- to come back;
return: When will you get back?
- to recover;
regain: He got back his investment with interest.
- to be revenged: She waited for a chance to get back at her accuser.
- get by:
- to succeed in going past: to get by a police barricade.
- to manage to exist, survive, continue in business, etc., in spite of difficulties.
- to evade the notice of: He doesn't let much get by him.
- get down:
- to bring or come down;
descend: The kitten climbed the tree, but then couldn't get down again.
- to concentrate;
attend: to get down to the matter at hand.
- to depress;
fatigue: Nothing gets me down so much as a rainy day.
- to swallow: The pill was so large that he couldn't get it down.
- to relax and enjoy oneself completely;
be uninhibited in one's enjoyment: getting down with a bunch of old friends.
- get even. See even 1 (def. 22).
- get going:
- to begin;
act: They wanted to get going on the construction of the house.
- to increase one's speed;
make haste: If we don't get going, we'll never arrive in time.
- get in:
- to go into a place;
enter: He forgot his key and couldn't get in.
- to arrive;
come: They both got in on the same train.
- to become associated with: He got in with a bad crowd.
- to be chosen or accepted, as for office, membership, etc.: As secretary of the club, his friend made sure that he got in.
- to become implicated in: By embezzling money to pay his gambling debts quickly, he was getting in further and further.
- get it, [Informal.]
- to be punished or reprimanded: You'll get it for breaking that vase!
- to understand or grasp something: This is just between us, get it?
- get it off, Slang (vulgar). to experience orgasm.
- get it on:
- [Informal.]to work or perform with satisfying harmony or energy or develop a strong rapport, as in music: a rock group really getting it on with the audience.
- Slang (vulgar). to have sexual intercourse.
- get it up, [Slang](vulgar), to achieve an erection of the penis.
- get off:
- to escape the consequences of or punishment for one's actions.
- to help (someone) escape punishment: A good lawyer might get you off.
- to begin a journey;
leave: He got off on the noon flight.
- to leave (a train, plane, etc.);
dismount from (a horse);
- to tell (a joke);
express (an opinion): The comedian got off a couple of good ones.
- [Informal.]to have the effrontery: Where does he get off telling me how to behave?
- Slang (vulgar). to experience orgasm.
- to experience or cause to experience a high from or as if from a drug.
- to cause to feel pleasure, enthusiasm, or excitement: a new rock group that gets everyone off.
- get off on, [Slang.]to become enthusiastic about or excited by: After years of indifference, she's getting off on baseball.
- get on or along:
- to make progress;
- to have sufficient means to manage, survive, or fare.
- to be on good terms;
agree: She simply can't get on with her brothers.
- to advance in age: He is getting on in years.
- get out:
- to leave (often fol. by of ): Get out of here! We had to get out of the bus at San Antonio.
- to become publicly known: We mustn't let this story get out.
- to withdraw or retire (often fol. by of ): He decided to get out of the dry goods business.
- to produce or complete: Let's get this work out!
- get over:
- to recover from: to get over an illness.
- See get across.
- get round. See get around.
- get the lead out. See lead 2 (def. 11).
- get there, to reach one's goal;
succeed: He wanted to be a millionaire but he died before he got there.
- get through:
- to succeed, as in meeting, reaching, or contacting by telephone (usually fol. by to): I tried to call you last night, but I couldn't get through.
- to complete;
finish: How he ever got through college is a mystery.
- to make oneself understood: One simply cannot get through to her.
- get to:
- to get in touch or into communication with;
contact: It was too late by the time he got to the authorities.
- [Informal.]to make an impression on;
affect: This music really gets to you.
- to begin: When he gets to telling stories about the war, there's no stopping him.
- get together:
- to accumulate;
gather: to get together a portfolio of 20 stocks.
- to congregate;
meet: The alumnae chapter gets together twice a year.
- to come to an accord;
agree: They simply couldn't get together on matters of policy.
- get up:
- to sit up or stand;
- to rise from bed.
- to ascend or mount.
- to prepare;
organize: to get up an exhibit.
- to draw upon;
rouse: to get up one's courage.
- to acquire a knowledge of.
- (to a horse) go! go ahead! go faster!
- to dress, as in a costume or disguise: She got herself up as an astronaut.
- to produce in a specified style, as a book: It was got up in brown leather with gold endpapers.
- has or have got:
- to possess or own;
have: She's got a new car. Have you got the tickets?
- must (fol. by an infinitive): He's got to get to a doctor right away.
- to suffer from: Have you got a cold?
get′ta•ble, get′a•ble, adj.
- an offspring or the total of the offspring, esp. of a male animal: the get of a stallion.
- a return of a ball, as in tennis, that would normally have resulted in a point for the opponent.
- something earned, as salary, profits, etc.: What's your week's get?
- a child born out of wedlock.
Thethe1 (stressed ᵺē; unstressed before a consonant ᵺə;
unstressed before a vowel ᵺē),USA pronunciation definite article.
- (used, esp. before a noun, with a specifying or particularizing effect, as opposed to the indefinite or generalizing force of the indefinite article a or an): the book you gave me; Come into the house.
- (used to mark a proper noun, natural phenomenon, ship, building, time, point of the compass, branch of endeavor, or field of study as something well-known or unique):the sun;
the past; the West.
- (used with or as part of a title): the Duke of Wellington; the Reverend John Smith.
- (used to mark a noun as indicating the best-known, most approved, most important, most satisfying, etc.): the skiing center of the U.S.; If you're going to work hard, now is the time.
- (used to mark a noun as being used generically): The dog is a quadruped.
- (used in place of a possessive pronoun, to note a part of the body or a personal belonging): He won't be able to play football until the leg mends.
- (used before adjectives that are used substantively, to note an individual, a class or number of individuals, or an abstract idea): to visit the sick; from the sublime to the ridiculous.
- (used before a modifying adjective to specify or limit its modifying effect): He took the wrong road and drove miles out of his way.
- (used to indicate one particular decade of a lifetime or of a century): the sixties; the gay nineties.
- (one of many of a class or type, as of a manufactured item, as opposed to an individual one): Did you listen to the radio last night?
- enough: He saved until he had the money for a new car. She didn't have the courage to leave.
- (used distributively, to note any one separately) for, to, or in each;
a or an: at one dollar the pound.
Goodsgood (gŏŏd),USA pronunciation adj., bet•ter, best, n., interj., adv.
- morally excellent;
pious: a good man.
- satisfactory in quality, quantity, or degree: a good teacher; good health.
- of high quality;
fit: It is good that you are here. His credentials are good.
- well-behaved: a good child.
- kind, beneficent, or friendly: to do a good deed.
- honorable or worthy;
in good standing: a good name.
- educated and refined: She has a good background.
- financially sound or safe: His credit is good.
not counterfeit: a good quarter.
- sound or valid: good judgment; good reasons.
responsible: good advice.
beneficial: Fresh fruit is good for you.
- in excellent condition;
healthy: good teeth.
- not spoiled or tainted;
palatable: The meat was still good after three months in the freezer.
propitious: good news.
amiable: in good spirits.
- free of distress or pain;
comfortable: to feel good after surgery.
pleasant: Have a good time.
handsome: She has a good figure.
- (of the complexion) smooth;
free from blemish.
- close or intimate;
warm: She's a good friend of mine.
- sufficient or ample: a good supply.
satisfactory for the purpose: a good day for fishing.
- competent or skillful;
clever: a good manager; good at arithmetic.
- skillfully or expertly done: a really good job; a good play.
- conforming to rules of grammar, usage, etc.;
correct: good English.
- socially proper: good manners.
- remaining available to one: Don't throw good money after bad.
- comparatively new or of relatively fine quality: Don't play in the mud in your good clothes.
- best or most dressy: He wore his good suit to the office today.
- full: a good day's journey away.
- fairly large or great: a good amount.
- free from precipitation or cloudiness: good weather.
- (of a patient's condition) having stable and normal vital signs, being conscious and comfortable, and having excellent appetite, mobility, etc.
rich: good soil.
- loyal: a good Democrat.
- (of a return or service in tennis, squash, handball, etc.) landing within the limits of a court or section of a court.
- [Horse Racing.](of the surface of a track) drying after a rain so as to be still slightly sticky: This horse runs best on a good track.
- (of meat, esp. beef ) noting or pertaining to the specific grade below "choice,'' containing more lean muscle and less edible fat than "prime'' or "choice.''
- favorably regarded (used as an epithet for a ship, town, etc.): the good shipSyrena.
- as good as. See as 1 (def. 18).
- good for:
- certain to repay (money owed) because of integrity, financial stability, etc.
- the equivalent in value of: Two thousand stamps are good for one coffeepot.
- able to survive or continue functioning for (the length of time or the distance indicated): These tires are good for another 10,000 miles.
- valid or in effect for (the length of time indicated): a license good for one year.
- (used as an expression of approval): Good for you!
- good full, (of a sail or sails) well filled, esp. when sailing close to the wind;
- make good:
- to make recompense for;
- to implement an agreement;
- to be successful.
- to substantiate;
- to carry out;
execute: The convicts made good their getaway.
- no good, without value or merit;
contemptible: The check was no good.
- profit or advantage;
benefit: What good will that do? We shall work for the common good.
- excellence or merit;
kindness: to do good.
- moral righteousness;
virtue: to be a power for good.
- (esp. in the grading of U.S. beef ) an official grade below that of "choice.''
- possessions, esp. movable effects or personal property.
- articles of trade;
merchandise: canned goods.
- what has been promised or is expected: to deliver the goods.
- the genuine article.
- evidence of guilt, as stolen articles: to catch someone with the goods.
- cloth or textile material: top-quality linen goods.
- [Chiefly Brit.]merchandise sent by land, rather than by water or air.
- come to no good, to end in failure or as a failure: Her jealous relatives said that she would come to no good.
- for good, finally and permanently;
forever: to leave the country for good.Also, for good and all.
- the good:
- the ideal of goodness or morality.
- good things or persons collectively.
- to the good:
- generally advantageous: That's all to the good, but what do I get out of it?
- richer in profit or gain: When he withdrew from the partnership, he was several thousand dollars to the good.
- (used as an expression of approval or satisfaction): Good! Now we can all go home.
- good and, very;
exceedingly: This soup is good and hot.
Hi folks, this post is about Get The Goods . (marvelous Nearest Home Goods #5). This post is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 550 x 550. It's file size is just 50 KB. If You decided to save This blog post to Your computer, you may Click here. You may also see more photos by clicking the photo below or see more at this article: Nearest Home Goods.
Among the items that specify the sweetness of the Get The Goods . (marvelous Nearest Home Goods #5) could be the room's concept. One of the styles that individuals must attempt could be the bohemian type. The likes of the planet community in this design nonetheless have not passed even though Bohemian kingdom has long been extinct. Particularly if you and a minimalist-style that is basic combine it, but still cross-eyed.
Not all-things Nearest Home Goods inside the type. Bohemian style bedroom isn't just like style that is decorating happy adolescent's area. Bohemian prefer powerful European cultural identity and feminism. Do not neglect to place one or two indoor plants that are potted inside the bedroom. Bloom might expire. But, it would be greater if you utilize plants that are live as being a tongue- in-law flowers, hanging or clinging.
This is it room decor minimalist-style Bohemian. Easy steps to perform nan chic would be to exhibit your fashion accessories. Rings, bracelets, earrings and scarves usually are saved in a pack, wear it a hanger. It may be available or about the wall hanger. Ethnic motifs or wallpaper flowered in vibrant shades could make your room abruptly boho and gorgeous.
Relevant Ideas of Get The Goods . (marvelous Nearest Home Goods #5)
- Jersey Duvet Covers
- 42 Round Pedestal Dining Table
- Hr Help Desk Process
- Countertop Rotisserie Ovens
- 32 Bookcase
- Acrylic Pedestal
- 29 Palms Post Office
- J Desk
- Crib Net To Keep Baby In
- Lakeville Garden Sushi
- Atlas Sofa
- 90 Same As Cash Furniture
- Formica Countertops Price
- Coleman Cottage
- Comfort Keepers Lexington Ky
- Definition Of Guest Room