Gatehousegate•house (gāt′hous′),USA pronunciation n., pl. -hous•es
- a house at or over a gate, used as a gatekeeper's quarters, fortification, etc.
- a house or structure at the gate of a dam, reservoir, etc., with equipment or controls for regulating the flow of water.
Knobsknob (nob),USA pronunciation n., v., knobbed, knob•bing.
- a projecting part, usually rounded, forming the handle of a door, drawer, or the like.
- a rounded lump or protuberance on the surface or at the end of something, as a knot on a tree trunk.
- an ornamental boss, as of carved work.
- a rounded hill, mountain, or elevation on a ridge.
- to produce a knob on.
- to furnish with a knob.
- (in stone cutting) to knock off (excess stone) preparatory to dressing;
Andand (and; unstressed ənd, ən, or, esp. after a homorganic consonant, n),USA pronunciation conj.
- (used to connect grammatically coordinate words, phrases, or clauses) along or together with;
as well as;
in addition to;
moreover: pens and pencils.
- added to;
plus: 2 and 2 are 4.
- then: He read for an hour and went to bed.
- also, at the same time: to sleep and dream.
- then again;
repeatedly: He coughed and coughed.
- (used to imply different qualities in things having the same name): There are bargains and bargains, so watch out.
- (used to introduce a sentence, implying continuation) also;
then: And then it happened.
- [Informal.]to (used between two finite verbs): Try and do it. Call and see if she's home yet.
- (used to introduce a consequence or conditional result): He felt sick and decided to lie down for a while. Say one more word about it and I'll scream.
on the contrary: He tried to run five miles and couldn't. They said they were about to leave and then stayed for two more hours.
- (used to connect alternatives): He felt that he was being forced to choose between his career and his family.
- (used to introduce a comment on the preceding clause): They don't like each other--and with good reason.
- [Archaic.]if: and you please.Cf. an2.
- and so forth, and the like;
et cetera: We discussed traveling, sightseeing, and so forth.
- and so on, and more things or others of a similar kind;
and the like: It was a summer filled with parties, picnics, and so on.
- an added condition, stipulation, detail, or particular: He accepted the job, no ands or buts about it.
- conjunction (def. 5b).
Pullspull (pŏŏl),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to draw or haul toward oneself or itself, in a particular direction, or into a particular position: to pull a sled up a hill.
- to draw or tug at with force.
- to rend or tear: to pull a cloth to pieces.
- to draw or pluck away from a place of growth, attachment, etc.: to pull a tooth; to pull weeds.
- to strip of feathers, hair, etc., as a bird or hide.
- to draw out (as a knife or gun) for ready use (usually fol. by on): Do you know what to do when someone pulls a knife on you?
- to perform successfully (often fol. by off): They pulled a spectacular coup.
- to carry out (esp. something deceitful or illegal): Police believe the men pulled all three robberies. What kind of trick did she pull this time?
- to put on or affect: He pulled a long face when I reprimanded him.
- to withdraw or remove: to pull an ineffective pitcher.
- to attract or win: to pull many votes in the industrial areas.
- to bring (a horse) to a stand by pulling on the reins.
- to take (an impression or proof ) from type, a cut or plate, etc.: to pull a print.
- to be provided with or rowed with (a certain number of oars): This boat pulls 12 oars.
- to propel by rowing, as a boat.
- to strain (a muscle, ligament, or tendon).
- to be assigned (a specific task or duty): I pulled guard duty our first night in port.
- to hold in or check (a racehorse), esp. so as to prevent from winning.
- to hit (a ball) so that it travels in a direction opposite to the side from which it was struck, as when a right-handed batter hits into left field.
- to exert a drawing, tugging, or hauling force (often fol. by at).
- to inhale through a pipe, cigarette, etc.
- to become or come as specified, by being pulled: This rope will pull.
- to row.
- to proceed by rowing.
- (of an advertisement)
- to have effectiveness, as specified: The ad pulled badly.
- to be effective: That spot announcement really pulled!
- pull apart, to analyze critically, esp. to point out errors: The professor proceeded to pull the student's paper apart.
- pull away:
- to move or draw back or away;
- to free oneself with force: He tried to pull away from his opponent's powerful grip.
- to move or start to move ahead: The car pulled away into traffic.The faster runners began to pull away from the others.
- pull down:
- to draw downward: to pull a shade down.
- to demolish;
- to lower;
- to receive as a salary;
earn: It wasn't long before he was pulling down more than fifty thousand a year.
- pull for, to support actively;
encourage: They were pulling for the Republican candidate.
- pull in:
- to reach a place;
arrive: The train pulled in early.
- to tighten;
curb: to pull in the reins.
- to arrest (someone): The police pulled her in for questioning.
- pull off, [Informal.]to perform successfully, esp. something requiring courage, daring, or shrewdness: We'll be rich if we can pull the deal off.
- pull oneself together, to recover one's self-control;
regain command of one's emotions: It was only a minor accident, but the driver couldn't seem to pull himself together.
- pull out:
- to leave;
depart: The ship pulled out of the harbor.
- to abandon abruptly: to pull out of an agreement.
- pull over, to direct one's automobile or other vehicle to the curb;
move out of a line of traffic: The police officer told the driver to pull over.
- pull someone's leg, See leg (def. 21).
- pull the plug. See plug (def. 20).
- pull through, to come safely through (a crisis, illness, etc.);
survive: The patient eventually pulled through after having had a close brush with death.
- pull up:
- to bring or come to a halt.
- to bring or draw closer.
- to root up;
pull out: She pulled up all the crab grass in the lawn.
- the act of pulling or drawing.
- force used in pulling;
- a drawing in of smoke or a liquid through the mouth: He took a long, thoughtful pull on his pipe; I took a pull from the scout's canteen.
- influence, as with persons able to grant favors.
- a part or thing to be pulled;
a handle or the like: to replace the pulls on a chest of drawers.
- a spell, or turn, at rowing.
- a stroke of an oar.
- [Informal.]a pulled muscle: He missed a week's work with a groin pull.
- a pulling of the ball, as in baseball or golf.
- the ability to attract;
- an advantage over another or others.
Youryour (yŏŏr, yôr, yōr; unstressed yər),USA pronunciation pron.
- (a form of the possessive case of you used as an attributive adjective): Your jacket is in that closet. I like your idea.Cf. yours.
- one's (used to indicate that one belonging to oneself or to any person): The consulate is your best source of information. As you go down the hill, the library is on your left.
- (used informally to indicate all members of a group, occupation, etc., or things of a particular type): Take your factory worker, for instance. Your power brakes don't need that much servicing.
Pickpick1 (pik),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to choose or select from among a group: to pick a contestant from the audience.
- to seek and find occasion for;
provoke: to pick a fight.
- to attempt to find;
seek out: to pick flaws in an argument.
- to steal the contents of: Her pocket was picked yesterday.
- to open (a lock) with a device other than the key, as a sharp instrument or wire, esp. for the purpose of burglary.
- to pierce, indent, dig into, or break up (something) with a pointed instrument: to pick rock; to pick ore.
- to form (a hole) by such action: to pick a hole in asphalt.
- to use a pointed instrument, the fingers, the teeth, the beak, etc., on (a thing), in order to remove or loosen something, as a small part or adhering matter: to pick one's teeth.
- to prepare for use by removing a covering piece by piece, as feathers, hulls, or other parts: to pick a fowl.
- to detach or remove piece by piece with the fingers: She picked the meat from the bones.
- to pluck or gather one by one: to pick flowers.
- (of birds or other animals) to take up (small bits of food) with the bill or teeth.
- to eat daintily or in small morsels.
- to separate, pull apart, or pull to pieces: to pick fibers.
- to pluck (the strings of an instrument).
- to play (a stringed instrument) by plucking with the fingers.
- to strike with or use a pick or other pointed instrument on something.
- (of birds or other animals) to take up small bits of food with the bill or teeth: The hens were busily picking about in their coop.
- to select carefully or fastidiously.
- to pilfer;
- to pluck or gather fruit, flowers, etc.
- [Basketball.]to execute a pick.
- pick and choose, to be very careful or particular in choosing: With such a limited supply of fresh fruit, you won't be able to pick and choose.
- pick apart, to criticize severely or in great detail: They picked her apart the moment she left the room.
- pick at:
- to find fault with unnecessarily or persistently;
- to eat sparingly or daintily: As he was ill, he only picked at his food.
- to grasp at;
handle: The baby loved to pick at her mother's glasses.
- pick it up, [Informal.]to move, work, etc., at a faster rate.
- pick off:
- to remove by pulling or plucking off.
- to single out and shoot: The hunter picked off a duck rising from the marsh.
- [Baseball.]to put out (a base runner) in a pick-off play.
- pick on:
- [Informal.]to criticize or blame;
- to single out;
choose: The professor always picks on me to translate long passages.
- pick one's way or steps, to walk with care and deliberation: She picked her way across the muddy field.
- pick out:
- to choose;
designate: to pick out one's successor.
- to distinguish from that which surrounds or accompanies;
recognize: to pick out a well-known face in a crowd.
- to discern (sense or meaning);
- to play (a melody) by ear;
work out note by note.
- to extract by picking.
- pick over, to examine (an assortment of items) in order to make a selection: Eager shoppers were picking over the shirts on the bargain tables.
- pick someone's brains. See brain (def.10).
- pick up:
- to lift or take up: to pick up a stone.
- to collect, esp. in an orderly manner: Pick up the tools when you're finished.
- to recover (one's courage, health, etc.);
- to gain by occasional opportunity;
obtain casually: to pick up a livelihood.
- to learn, as by experience: I've picked up a few Japanese phrases.
- to claim: to pick up one's bags at an airport.
- to take (a person or thing) into a car or ship, etc., or along with one.
- to bring into range of reception, observation, etc.: to pick up Rome on one's radio.
- to accelerate;
- to put in good order;
tidy: to pick up a room.
- to make progress;
improve: Business is beginning to pick up.
- to catch or contract, as a disease.
- [Informal.]to become acquainted with informally or casually, often in hope of a sexual relationship: Let's pick up some dates tonight.
- to resume or continue after being left off: Let's pick up the discussion in our next meeting.
- [Informal.]to take into custody;
arrest: They picked him up for vagrancy.
- [Informal.]to obtain;
purchase: She picked up some nice shoes on sale.
- [Slang.]to steal: to pick up jewels and silver.
- to accept, as in order to pay: to pick up the check.
- pick up on, [Informal.]
- become aware or cognizant of;
be perceptive about;
notice: to pick up on the hostess's hostility.
- to pay special attention to;
keep an eye on: to pick up on a troubled student.
- the act of choosing or selecting;
selection: to take one's pick.
- a person or thing that is selected: He is our pick for president.
- the choicest or most desirable part, example, or examples: This horse is the pick of the stable.
- the right of selection: He gave me my pick of the litter.
- the quantity of a crop picked, as from trees, bushes, etc., at a particular time: The pick was poor this season.
- a speck of dirt, hardened ink, or extra metal on set type or a plate.
- a small area removed from the surface of a coated paper by ink that adheres to the form.
- a stroke with something pointed: The rock shattered at the first pick of the ax.
- [Basketball.]an offensive maneuver in which a player moves into a position between a defender and a teammate with the ball so as to prevent the defender from interfering with the shot.
Hi guys, this post is about Gatehouse Knobs And Pulls #4 Your Pick. It is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 747 x 747. It's file size is just 58 KB. Wether You want to save This image to Your laptop, you may Click here. You may too download more images by clicking the photo below or see more at this article: Gatehouse Knobs And Pulls.
On the other hand, currently we appreciate the house that is antique. Properly, while you have heritage residence parents that are ancient, you will want to decorate it to check more chic. Gatehouse Knobs And Pulls figure already owned. How exactly to change it to produce it more contemporary and fortunate that is refreshing if given which you have a stained glass in the home the glass may be worth pricey. To be the principal target beautiful, pick a neutral shade color for that walls around it.
If you prefer to utilize picture, select wallpaper with a pattern such as the minimalist mathematical forms.Usually there's a indentation round the screen while in the house that is old. So that you can remain exposed, set blinds around the body of the sills. But Gatehouse Knobs And Pulls #4 Your Pick might decrease luxury and the functional in a small screen. Use only blinds generally, but made available. Another case if you feel very poor condition window, then your curtains ought to be positioned away from body and cover.
Drapery long before bottom will also make an appearance more luxurious interior. One of the things that might appear unpleasant has become old's cabinets had started porous and aging. Substitute with open racks of wood, could be solid wood or wood contaminants. Present also classic accessories you've. Available cabinets will also provide a modern minimalist touch that a gallery does not be looked like by old house.
Use some components present in even a vase of decorative bottles, the selection of trendy couch blankets, wall hangings design pop-art, or older properties, like, along with replacing the display. Pick which have variants of bolder shades, clear lines and structure. Merge both of these designs in one single place. Eg modification of furniture that is antique with furniture that's more modern.
It and various old table seats could also incorporate. Objects such as platforms yard / significant potted flowers, rooftop, and rattan seats can also enhance the wonder of the inner of the house that is old is not such as a household nowadays. The division of area occasionally looks odd. Whilst the bedroom is quite thin, eg so huge family room.
Therefore is the home that is extended. Well, you are able to work-around this by switching features or adding a Gatehouse Knobs And Pulls in a room that is also broad. For instance the majority of the kitchen being a garage, while 1 / 2 of the living room employed together with bedroom.
Similar Images of Gatehouse Knobs And Pulls #4 Your Pick
- Batman Quilts
- Dream Cloud Pillows
- Can Bed Bugs Live On Dogs
- Beautyrest Pillow Top Mattress
- Open Light Up Sign
- Basement Garage Door
- Breathing Lamp
- How To Remove Old Blinds
- Lightweight Planter Boxes
- Mesquite Wood Countertops
- Contemporary Valances
- Ikea Jerker Desk
- Getting High Off Bed Bugs
- Banquettes With Storage
- Most Efficient Heater For Bedroom
- 2 Door Nissan Altima