Firefire (fīər),USA pronunciation n., v., fired, fir•ing.
- a state, process, or instance of combustion in which fuel or other material is ignited and combined with oxygen, giving off light, heat, and flame.
- a burning mass of material, as on a hearth or in a furnace.
- the destructive burning of a building, town, forest, etc.;
- heat used for cooking, esp. the lighted burner of a stove: Put the kettle on the fire.
- See Greek fire.
- flashing light;
- brilliance, as of a gem.
- burning passion;
excitement or enthusiasm;
- liveliness of imagination.
- fever or inflammation.
- severe trial or trouble;
- exposure to fire as a means of torture or ordeal.
- strength, as of an alcoholic beverage.
- a spark or sparks.
- the discharge of firearms: enemy fire.
- the effect of firing military weapons: to pour fire upon the enemy.
- a gas or electric heater used for heating a room.
- [Literary.]a luminous object, as a star: heavenly fires.
- between two fires, under physical or verbal attack from two or more sides simultaneously: The senator is between two fires because of his stand on the bill.
- build a fire under, [Informal.]to cause or urge to take action, make a decision quickly, or work faster: If somebody doesn't build a fire under that committee, it will never reach a decision.
- catch fire:
- Also, catch on fire. to become ignited;
burn: The sofa caught fire from a lighted cigarette.
- to create enthusiasm: His new book did not catch fire among his followers.
- fight fire with fire, to use the same tactics as one's opponent;
return like for like.
- go through fire and water, to brave any danger or endure any trial: He said he would go through fire and water to win her hand.
- hang fire:
- to be delayed in exploding, or fail to explode.
- to be undecided, postponed, or delayed: The new housing project is hanging fire because of concerted opposition.
- miss fire:
- to fail to explode or discharge, as a firearm.
- to fail to produce the desired effect;
be unsuccessful: He repeated the joke, but it missed fire the second time.
- on fire:
zealous: They were on fire to prove themselves in competition.
- play with fire, to trifle with a serious or dangerous matter: He didn't realize that insulting the border guards was playing with fire.
- set fire to:
- to cause to burn;
- to excite;
inflame: The painting set fire to the composer's imagination.Also, set on fire.
- take fire:
- to become ignited;
- to become inspired with enthusiasm or zeal: Everyone who heard him speak immediately took fire.
- under fire:
- under attack, esp. by military forces.
- under censure or criticism: The school administration is under fire for its policies.
- to set on fire.
- to supply with fuel;
attend to the fire of: They fired the boiler.
- to expose to the action of fire;
subject to heat.
- to apply heat to in a kiln for baking or glazing;
- to heat very slowly for the purpose of drying, as tea.
- to inflame, as with passion;
fill with ardor.
- to inspire.
- to light or cause to glow as if on fire.
- to discharge (a gun).
- to project (a bullet or the like) by or as if by discharging from a gun.
- to subject to explosion or explosive force, as a mine.
- to hurl;
throw: to fire a stone through a window.
- to dismiss from a job.
- to apply a heated iron to (the skin) in order to create a local inflammation of the superficial structures, with the intention of favorably affecting deeper inflammatory processes.
- to drive out or away by or as by fire.
- to take fire;
- to glow as if on fire.
- to become inflamed with passion;
- to shoot, as a gun.
- to discharge a gun: to fire at a fleeing enemy.
- to hurl a projectile.
- to ring the bells of a chime all at once.
- (of plant leaves) to turn yellow or brown before the plant matures.
- (of an internal-combustion engine) to cause ignition of the air-fuel mixture in a cylinder or cylinders.
- (of a nerve cell) to discharge an electric impulse.
- fire away, to begin to talk and continue without slackening, as to ask a series of questions: The reporters fired away at the president.
- fire off:
- to discharge (as weapons, ammunition, etc.): Police fired off canisters of tear gas.
- to write and send hurriedly: She fired off an angry letter to her congressman.
Howdy , this attachment is about Fire . ( Dining Table With Fire Pit #3). This blog post is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this attachment is 1439 x 965. This post's file size is only 236 KB. If You want to save This post to Your PC, you have to Click here. You might too see more attachments by clicking the following image or read more at this article: Dining Table With Fire Pit.
The Fire . ( Dining Table With Fire Pit #3) can be quite a focal point while in the space were wonderful. It can be covered by you with tile, timber, material, or jewel with respect to the type of the glance along with your kitchen you want. One of these may be the home Jered Snelson who renovated kitchen with backsplash made-of tile, stone and aluminum. The backsplash is created in the form of a wide reel that add a focus that was stunning and protects the wall.
For that material, wood is rarely found in the design of your kitchen backsplash due to the bad impression of the water against the lumber. However, some contemporary kitchens continue to be currently using wood for decor backsplash. Lumber can provide your kitchen a traditional experience or just include a contemporary minimalist design and heat.
An extensive number of shapes, colors and sizes in one single type of ceramic make this material be versatile. Here are a few options backsplash. Jewel backsplash is popular because it gives a unique sophistication and luxury for the home, especially pebble. The color can be white or dreary jewel or a unique total. Rock may be menu or tiled if you want a sleek consistency.
Backsplash created increasing generally follows your kitchen set, in choosing the Dining Table With Fire Pit for home. Supplies which can be quickly washed commonly be among the considerations for resources for that backsplash's selection. Components commonly used are ceramics. Ceramic stays an incredibly popular option among customers.
Random Posts of Fire . ( Dining Table With Fire Pit #3)
- Lookout Mountain Cabin Rentals
- Bed Runners
- Aztec Print Curtains
- Blue Polka Dot Crib Sheet
- Kitchen Stool India
- Candle Stand For Fireplace
- Cabin In Pigeon Forge With Indoor Pool
- Epoxy Floor Colors
- Dc Gardens
- Bear Coffee Table
- Freelander Gear Knob
- 2009 Jeep Liberty Floor Mats
- Blue Polka Dot Duvet Cover
- 40 Inch Floor Vases
- Flexible Work Lamp
- Best Bathroom Remodeling Company