Sofaso•fa (sō′fə),USA pronunciation n.
- a long, upholstered couch with a back and two arms or raised ends.
COUCHcouch (kouch or, for 6, 15, ko̅o̅ch),USA pronunciation n.
- a piece of furniture for seating from two to four people, typically in the form of a bench with a back, sometimes having an armrest at one or each end, and partly or wholly upholstered and often fitted with springs, tailored cushions, skirts, etc.;
- a similar article of furniture, with a headrest at one end, on which some patients of psychiatrists or psychoanalysts lie while undergoing treatment.
- a bed or other place of rest;
any place used for repose.
- the lair of a wild beast.
- [Brewing.]the frame on which barley is spread to be malted.
- [Papermaking.]the board or felt blanket on which wet pulp is laid for drying into paper sheets.
- a primer coat or layer, as of paint.
- on the couch, [Informal.]undergoing psychiatric or psychoanalytic treatment.
- to arrange or frame (words, a sentence, etc.);
put into words;
express: a simple request couched in respectful language.
- to express indirectly or obscurely: the threat couched under his polite speech.
- to lower or bend down, as the head.
- to lower (a spear, lance, etc.) to a horizontal position, as for attack.
- to put or lay down, as for rest or sleep;
cause to lie down.
- to lay or spread flat.
- [Papermaking.]to transfer (a sheet of pulp) from the wire to the couch.
- to embroider by couching.
- [Archaic.]to hide;
- to lie at rest or asleep;
- to crouch;
- to lie in ambush or in hiding;
- to lie in a heap for decomposition or fermentation, as leaves.
a chair or small upholstered sofa for two persons. Also called courting chair.
Slipslip1 (slip),USA pronunciation v., slipped or (Archaic) slipt;
- to move, flow, pass, or go smoothly or easily;
slide: Water slips off a smooth surface.
- to slide suddenly or involuntarily;
to lose one's foothold, as on a smooth surface: She slipped on the icy ground.
- to move, slide, or start gradually from a place or position: His hat had slipped over his eyes.
- to slide out of or become disengaged from a fastening, the grasp, etc.: The soap slipped from my hand.
- to pass without having been acted upon or used;
get away: to let an opportunity slip.
- to pass from the mind, memory, or consciousness.
- to elapse or pass quickly or imperceptibly (often fol. by away or by): The years slipped by.
- to become involved or absorbed easily: to slip into a new way of life.
- to move or go quietly, cautiously, or unobtrusively: to slip out of a room.
- to put on or take off a garment easily or quickly: She slipped on the new sweater. He slipped off his shoes.
- to make a mistake or error: As far as I know, you haven't slipped once.
- to fall below a standard or accustomed level, or to decrease in quantity or quality;
deteriorate: His work slipped last year.
- to be said or revealed inadvertently (usually fol. by out): The words just slipped out.
- to read, study, consider, etc., without attention: He slipped over the most important part.
- (of an aircraft when excessively banked) to slide sideways, toward the center of the curve described in turning. Cf. skid (def. 18).
- to cause to move, pass, go, etc., with a smooth, easy, or sliding motion.
- to put, place, pass, insert, or withdraw quickly or stealthily: to slip a letter into a person's hand.
- to put on or take off (a garment) easily or quickly: He slipped the shirt over his head.
- to let or make (something) slide out of a fastening, the hold, etc.: I slipped the lock, and the door creaked open.
- to release from a leash, harness, etc., as a hound or a hawk.
- to get away or free oneself from;
escape (a pursuer, restraint, leash, etc.): The cow slipped its halter.
- to untie or undo (a knot).
- to let go entirely, as an anchor cable or an anchor.
- to pass from or escape (one's memory, attention, knowledge, etc.).
- to dislocate;
put out of joint or position: I slipped a disk in my back.
- to shed or cast: The rattlesnake slipped its skin.
- to ignore, pass over, or omit, as in speaking or writing.
- to let pass unheeded;
neglect or miss.
- [Boxing.]to evade or avoid (a blow) by moving or turning the body quickly: He slipped a right and countered with a hard left.
- (of animals) to bring forth (offspring) prematurely.
- to detach (a railway car) from a moving train as it passes through a station.
- let slip, to reveal unintentionally: to let slip the truth.
- slip a cog. See cog 1 (def. 6).
- slip away:
- to depart quietly or unobtrusively;
- to recede;
slowly vanish: All those facts I had memorized just slipped away.
- slip between the cracks. See crack (def. 52).
- slip someone's mind, to be forgotten: I was supposed to phone, but it slipped my mind.
- slip something over on, to deceive;
trick. Also, slip one over on.
- slip up, to make an error;
fail: I slipped up and put the letter in the wrong envelope.
- an act or instance of slipping.
- a sudden losing of one's foothold, as on slippery ground.
- a mistake in judgment;
- a mistake or oversight, as in speaking or writing, esp. a small one due to carelessness: a minor slip in addition; a slip of the tongue.
- an error in conduct;
- something easily slipped on or off.
- a decline or fall in quantity, quality, extent, etc., or from a standard or accustomed level: a slip in prices.
- a woman's undergarment, sleeveless and usually having shoulder straps, extending from above the bust down to the hemline of the outer dress.
- an underskirt, as a half-slip or petticoat.
- a pillowcase.
- an inclined plane, sloping to the water, on which vessels are built or repaired.
- the difference between the speed at which a screw propeller or paddle wheel would move if it were working against a solid and the actual speed at which it advances through the water.
- a space between two wharves or in a dock for vessels to lie in.
- the difference between the synchronous and the operating speeds of a motor.
- the difference between output speed and input or theoretical speed in certain fluid or electromagnetic devices, as couplings or motors.
- (in pumps) the difference between the actual volume of water or other liquid delivered by a pump during one complete stroke and the theoretical volume as determined by calculation of the displacement.
- unintended movement or play between mechanical parts or the like.
- the position of a fielder who stands behind and to the offside of the wicketkeeper.
- the fielder playing this position.
- the relative displacement of formerly adjacent points on opposite sides of a fault, measured along the fault plane.
- a small fault.
- Also called glide. plastic deformation of one part of a metallic crystal relative to the other part due to shearing action.
- give someone the slip, to elude a pursuer;
escape: The murderer gave the police the slip.
Covercov•er (kuv′ər),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to be or serve as a covering for;
rest on the surface of: Snow covered the fields.
- to place something over or upon, as for protection, concealment, or warmth.
- to provide with a covering or top: Cover the pot with a lid.
- to protect or conceal (the body, head, etc.) with clothes, a hat, etc;
- to bring upon (oneself ): He covered himself with glory by his exploits.
- to hide from view;
- to spread on or over;
apply to: to cover bread with honey.
- to put all over the surface of: to cover a wall with paint.
- to include, deal with, or provide for;
address: The rules cover working conditions.
- to suffice to defray or meet (a charge, expense, etc.): Ten dollars should cover my expenses.
- to offset (an outlay, loss, liability, etc.).
- to achieve in distance traversed;
pass or travel over: We covered 600 miles a day on our trip.
- to act as a reporter or reviewer of (an event, a field of interest, a performance, etc.);
have as an assignment: She covers sports for the paper.
- to publish or broadcast a report or reports of (a news item, a series of related events, etc.): The press covered the trial in great detail.
- to pass or rise over and surmount or envelop: The river covered the town during the flood.
- [Insurance.]to insure against risk or loss.
- to shelter;
serve as a defense for.
- to be in line with by occupying a position directly before or behind.
- to protect (a soldier, force, or military position) during an expected period of ground combat by taking a position from which any hostile troops can be fired upon.
- to take temporary charge of or responsibility for in place of another: Please cover my phone while I'm out to lunch.
- to extend over;
comprise: The book covers 18th-century England.
- to be assigned to or responsible for, as a territory or field of endeavor: We have two sales representatives covering the Southwest.
- to aim at, as with a pistol.
- to have within range, as a fortress does adjacent territory.
- to play a card higher than (the one led or previously played in the round).
- to deposit the equivalent of (money deposited), as in wagering.
- to accept the conditions of (a bet, wager, etc.).
- (in short selling) to purchase securities or commodities in order to deliver them to the broker from whom they were borrowed.
- [Baseball.]to take a position close to or at (a base) so as to catch a ball thrown to the base: The shortstop covered second on the attempted steal.
- to guard (an opponent on offense) so as to prevent him or her from scoring or carrying out his or her assignment: to cover a potential pass receiver.
- (esp. of a male animal) to copulate with.
- (of a hen) to brood or sit on (eggs or chicks).
- [Informal.]to serve as a substitute for someone who is absent: We cover for the receptionist during lunch hour.
- to hide the wrongful or embarrassing action of another by providing an alibi or acting in the other's place: They covered for him when he missed roll call.
- to play a card higher than the one led or previously played in the round: She led the eight and I covered with the jack.
- to spread over an area or surface, esp. for the purpose of obscuring an existing covering or of achieving a desired thickness and evenness: This paint is much too thin to cover.
- cover one's ass, Slang (vulgar). to take measures that will prevent one from suffering blame, loss, harm, etc.
- cover up:
- to cover completely;
- to keep secret;
conceal: She tried to cover up her part in the plot.
- something that covers, as the lid of a container or the binding of a book.
- a blanket, quilt, or the like: Put another cover on the bed.
- anything that veils, screens, or shuts from sight: under cover of darkness.
- woods, underbrush, etc., serving to shelter and conceal wild animals or game;
- vegetation that serves to protect or conceal animals, such as birds, from excessive sunlight, from drying, or from predators.
- a set of eating utensils and the like, as plate, knife, fork, and napkin, placed for each person at a table.
- an assumed identity, occupation, or business that masks the true or real one: His job at the embassy was a cover for his work as a spy.
- a covering of snow, esp. when suitable for skiing.
- a pretense;
- a person who substitutes for another or stands ready to substitute if needed: She was hired as a cover for six roles at the opera house.
- See cover charge.
- an envelope or outer wrapping for mail.
- a letter folded so that the address may be placed on the outside and the missive mailed.
- [Finance.]funds to cover liability or secure against risk of loss.
- See cover version.
- Also called covering. a collection of sets having the property that a given set is contained in the union of the sets in the collection.
- blow one's cover, to divulge one's secret identity, esp. inadvertently: The TV news story blew his carefully fabricated cover.
- break cover, to emerge, esp. suddenly, from a place of concealment: The fox broke cover and the chase was on.
- take cover, to seek shelter or safety: The hikers took cover in a deserted cabin to escape the sudden storm.
- under cover:
secretly: Arrangements for the escape were made under cover.
- within an envelope: The report will be mailed to you under separate cover.
Denimden•im (den′əm),USA pronunciation n.
- a heavy, Z-twist, twill cotton for jeans, overalls, and other work and leisure garments.
- a similar fabric of finer quality, for covering cushions, furniture, etc.
- denims, (used with a pl. v.) a garment, esp. trousers or overalls, made of denim.
Stylestyle (stīl),USA pronunciation n., v. styled, styl•ing.
- a particular kind, sort, or type, as with reference to form, appearance, or character: the baroque style; The style of the house was too austere for their liking.
- a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode of action or manner of acting: They do these things in a grand style.
- a mode of living, as with respect to expense or display.
- an elegant, fashionable, or luxurious mode of living: to live in style.
- a mode of fashion, as in dress, esp. good or approved fashion;
- the mode of expressing thought in writing or speaking by selecting and arranging words, considered with respect to clearness, effectiveness, euphony, or the like, that is characteristic of a group, period, person, personality, etc.: to write in the style of Faulkner; a familiar style; a pompous, pedantic style.
- those components or features of a literary composition that have to do with the form of expression rather than the content of the thought expressed: His writing is all style and no substance.
- manner or tone adopted in discourse or conversation: a patronizing style of addressing others.
- a particular, distinctive, or characteristic mode or form of construction or execution in any art or work: Her painting is beginning to show a personal style.
- a descriptive or distinguishing appellation, esp. a legal, official, or recognized title: a firm trading under the style of Smith, Jones, & Co.
- stylus (defs. 1, 2).
- the gnomon of a sundial.
- a method of reckoning time. Cf. New Style, old style (def. 2).
- a small, pointed process or part.
- a narrow, usually cylindrical and more or less filiform extension of the pistil, which, when present, bears the stigma at its apex. See diag. under flower.
- the rules or customs of typography, punctuation, spelling, and related matters used by a newspaper, magazine, publishing house, etc., or in a specific publication.
- go out of style, to become unfashionable: The jacket he's wearing went out of style ten years ago.
- in style, fashionable.
- to call by a given title or appellation;
call: The pope is styled His or Your Holiness.
- to design or arrange in accordance with a given or new style: to style an evening dress; to style one's hair.
- to bring into conformity with a specific style or give a specific style to: Please style this manuscript.
- to do decorative work with a style or stylus.
Sofaso•fa (sō′fə),USA pronunciation n.
- a long, upholstered couch with a back and two arms or raised ends.
Hello , this photo is about Demin Sofa #4 SOFA, COUCH & LOVESEAT Slip Cover Denim Style Sofa. This picture is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this file is 1213 x 602. This picture's file size is just 101 KB. Wether You decided to download It to Your PC, you should Click here. You also also see more attachments by clicking the following image or read more at this post: Demin Sofa.
Demin Sofa acts as a natural area that can give a beautiful setting and neat, because of it was at this juncture we've organized some tips for garden with tiny terrain to the front lawn of the home.
Recommendations Sunlight. Sunlight is an extremely important element for crops, since the sunlight employed for photosynthesis by plants, hence the just try your plants get sunlight.
Create paving. Create a paving in your backyard, it is intended to safeguard your crops from trampled because many people moving by on around the playground.
Fixed Plant Spacing. Organize a space with accurate, plant situations are also close-together will give the effect that slender in the playground, you can make it appear cool, utilizing of planting having a straight or a stripe pattern the method.
That was some of Demin Sofa tips that you could connect with organize a backyard with a little or thin area, as a way to inspire more of the following are examples of managing a modest backyard next to your home.
Random Photos of Demin Sofa #4 SOFA, COUCH & LOVESEAT Slip Cover Denim Style Sofa
- Desk Chair For Sale
- Crystal Bathroom Wall Lights
- Driftwood Bed
- Chandelier Tree Leggett
- Big Bed
- Newborn High Chair
- Can A Newborn Baby Sleep In A Crib
- Girls Full Size Comforter Sets
- Floor Works Inc
- Illinois Student Section
- Cabin Decor Catalog
- Building Concrete Patio
- Longest Lasting Light Bulb
- Abraham Lincoln Cabinet Members List
- Baby Nap Mat Uk
- Designer Pillows For Couch