Back Porch Signs #1 Life Is Better On The Porch Hand Painted Pallet / Barnwood Sign. Distressed, Whitewashed And Rustic
Back Porch Signs #1 Life Is Better On The Porch Hand Painted Pallet / Barnwood Sign. Distressed, Whitewashed And Rustic Pictures Album
Backback1 (bak),USA pronunciation n.
- the rear part of the human body, extending from the neck to the lower end of the spine.
- the part of the body of animals corresponding to the human back.
- the rear portion of any part of the body: the back of the head.
- the whole body, with reference to clothing: the clothes on his back.
- ability for labor;
endurance: He put his back into the task.
- the part opposite to or farthest from the front;
the rear part: the back of a hall.
- the part that forms the rear of any object or structure: the back of a chair.
- the part that covers the back: the back of a jacket.
- the spine or backbone: The fall broke his back.
- any rear part of an object serving to support, protect, etc.: the back of a binder.
- the forward side of a propeller blade (opposed to face).
- [Aeron.]the top part or upper surface of an aircraft, esp. of its fuselage.
- [Bookbinding.]the edge of a book formed where its sections are bound together.
- the backs, grounds along the River Cam in back of certain colleges at Cambridge University in England: noted for their great beauty.
- the upper side of a joist, rafter, handrail, etc.
- the area of interior wall between a window stool and the floor.
- the roof of a stope or drift.
- a player whose regular position is behind that of players who make initial contact with the opposing team, as behind the forward line in football or nearest the player's own goal in polo.
- the position occupied by this player.
- be flat on one's back:
- to be helpless or beaten: He's flat on his back after a long succession of failures.
- to be confined to one's bed because of illness.
- behind one's back, in one's absence;
without one's knowledge;
secretly: I'd rather talk to him about it directly than discuss it behind his back.
- break someone's back, to cause a person to fail, esp. to cause to become bankrupt: His family's extravagance is breaking his back.
- break the back of:
- to complete the principal or hardest part of (a project, one's work, etc.): He finally broke the back of the problem.
- to overcome;
defeat: They broke the back of our union.
- get off one's back, [Informal.]to cease to find fault with or to disturb someone: The fight started when they wouldn't get off my back.
- get one's back up, to become annoyed;
take offense: She gets her back up whenever someone mentions her family's influence.
- have one's back to the wall, to be in a difficult or hopeless situation.
- in back of, behind: He hid in back of the billboard. What could be in back of his strange behavior?Also, back of.
- on one's back, finding fault with or disturbing someone: The boss is always on my back about promptness.
- pat on the back. See pat 1 (defs. 6, 10).
- stab in the back. See stab (def. 13).
- turn one's back on:
- to forsake or neglect: He was unable to turn his back on any suffering creature.
- to leave behind, as in anger.
- to support, as with authority, influence, help, or money (often fol. by up): to back a candidate; to back up a theory with facts.
- to bet on: to back a horse in the race.
- to cause to move backward (often fol. by up): to back a car.
- to furnish with a back: to back a book.
- to lie at the back of;
form a back or background for: a beach backed by hills.
- to provide with an accompaniment: a singer backed by piano and bass.
- to get upon the back of;
- to write or print on the back of;
- [Carpentry.]to attach strips of wood to the upper edge of (a joist or rafter) to bring it to a desired level.
- to alter the position of (a sail) so that the wind will strike the forward face.
- to brace (yards) in backing a sail.
- to reinforce the hold of (an anchor) by means of a smaller one attached to it and dropped farther away.
- to go or move backward (often fol. by up).
- (of wind) to change direction counterclockwise (opposed to veer).
- back and fill:
- [Naut.]to trim the sails of a boat so that the wind strikes them first on the forward and then on the after side.
- to change one's opinion or position;
- back and forth, [South Midland U.S.]
- to go back and forth, as in running errands or visiting: He spent the day backing and forthing to the post office.
- to work in an aimless or ineffective way;
expend effort with little result.
- back away, to retreat;
withdraw: They gradually began to back away from their earlier opinion.
- back down, to abandon an argument, opinion, or claim;
retreat: He backed down as soon as a member of the audience challenged his assertion.
- back off:
- to back down: Now that the time for action had arrived, it was too late to back off.
- to reverse (the spindle) in mule spinning prior to winding on the newly spun length of yarn.
- back out or out of, to fail to keep an engagement or promise;
abandon: Two entrants have backed out of competing in the marathon. You can't back out now.
- back up:
- to bring (a stream of traffic) to a standstill: A stalled car backed up traffic for miles.
- [Printing.]to print a sheet again on its other side.
- [Printing.]to fill in (the thin copper shell of an electrotype) with metal in order to strengthen it.
- to move backward: Back up into the garage.
- to reinforce: We backed up the cardboard with slats so it wouldn't fall down.
- to support or confirm: He backed up my story and they let us go.
- to duplicate (a file or a program) as a precaution against failure.
- back up for, [Australian Informal.]to return for more of, as another helping of food.
- back water:
- [Naut.]to reverse the direction of a vessel.
- to retreat from a position;
withdraw an opinion: I predict that the council will back water on the tax issue.
- situated at or in the rear: at the back door; back fence.
- far away or removed from the front or main area, position, or rank;
remote: back settlements.
- belonging to the past: back files; back issues.
- in arrears;
overdue: back pay.
- coming or going back;
moving backward: back current.
- [Navig.]reciprocal (def. 7).
- (of a speech sound) produced with the tongue articulating in the back part of the mouth, as in either of the sounds of go.
Porchporch (pôrch, pōrch),USA pronunciation n.
- an exterior appendage to a building, forming a covered approach or vestibule to a doorway.
- a veranda.
- the Porch, the portico or stoa in the agora of ancient Athens, where the Stoic philosopher Zeno of Citium and his followers met.
- [Obs.]a portico.
Signssign (sīn),USA pronunciation n.
- a token;
- any object, action, event, pattern, etc., that conveys a meaning.
- a conventional or arbitrary mark, figure, or symbol used as an abbreviation for the word or words it represents.
- a motion or gesture used to express or convey an idea, command, decision, etc.: Her nod was a sign that it was time to leave.
- a notice, bearing a name, direction, warning, or advertisement, that is displayed or posted for public view: a traffic sign; a store sign.
- a trace;
vestige: There wasn't a sign of them.
- an arbitrary or conventional symbol used in musical notation to indicate tonality, tempo, etc.
- the objective indications of a disease.
- any meaningful gestural unit belonging to a sign language.
- an omen;
portent: a sign of approaching decadence.
- See sign of the zodiac.
- See sign language (def. 1).
- Usually, signs. traces, as footprints, of a wild animal.
- a plus sign or minus sign used as a symbol for indicating addition or subtraction.
- a plus sign or minus sign used as a symbol for indicating the positive or negative value of a quantity, as an integer.
- See multiplication sign.
- See division sign.
- a symbol, as &fullradic;
or !, used to indicate a radical or factorial operation.
- to affix a signature to: to sign a letter.
- to write as a signature: to sign one's name.
- to engage by written agreement: to sign a new player.
- to mark with a sign, esp. the sign of the cross.
- to communicate by means of a sign;
signal: He signed his wish to leave.
- to convey (a message) in a sign language.
- [Obs.]to direct or appoint by a sign.
- to write one's signature, as a token of agreement, obligation, receipt, etc.: to sign for a package.
- to make a sign or signal: He signed to her to go away.
- to employ a sign language for communication.
- to obligate oneself by signature: He signed with another team for the next season.
- sign away or over, to assign or dispose of by affixing one's signature to a document: She signed over her fortune to the church.
- sign in (or out ) to record or authorize one's arrival (or departure) by signing a register.
- sign off:
- to withdraw, as from some responsibility or connection.
- to cease radio or television broadcasting, esp. at the end of the day.
- to become silent: He had exhausted conversation topics and signed off.
- to indicate one's approval explicitly if not formally: The president is expected to sign off on the new agreement.
- sign on:
- to employ;
- to bind oneself to work, as by signing a contract: He signed on as a pitcher with a major-league team.
- to start radio or television broadcasting, esp. at the beginning of the day.
- [Computers.]log1 (def. 17a).
- sign up, to enlist, as in an organization or group;
to register or subscribe: to sign up for the navy; to sign up for class.
Lifelife (līf ),USA pronunciation n., pl. lives (līvz),USA pronunciation adj.
- the condition that distinguishes organisms from inorganic objects and dead organisms, being manifested by growth through metabolism, reproduction, and the power of adaptation to environment through changes originating internally.
- the sum of the distinguishing phenomena of organisms, esp. metabolism, growth, reproduction, and adaptation to environment.
- the animate existence or period of animate existence of an individual: to risk one's life; a short life and a merry one.
- a corresponding state, existence, or principle of existence conceived of as belonging to the soul: eternal life.
- the general or universal condition of human existence: Too bad, but life is like that.
- any specified period of animate existence: a man in middle life.
- the period of existence, activity, or effectiveness of something inanimate, as a machine, lease, or play: The life of the car may be ten years.
- a living being: Several lives were lost.
- living things collectively: the hope of discovering life on other planets; insect life.
- a particular aspect of existence: He enjoys an active physical life.
- the course of existence or sum of experiences and actions that constitute a person's existence: His business has been his entire life.
- a biography: a newly published life of Willa Cather.
spirit: a speech full of life.
- the force that makes or keeps something alive;
the vivifying or quickening principle: The life of the treaty has been an increase of mutual understanding and respect.
- a mode or manner of existence, as in the world of affairs or society: So far her business life has not overlapped her social life.
- the period or extent of authority, popularity, approval, etc.: the life of the committee; the life of a bestseller.
- a prison sentence covering the remaining portion of the offender's animate existence: The judge gave him life.
- anything or anyone considered to be as precious as life: She was his life.
- a person or thing that enlivens: the life of the party.
- effervescence or sparkle, as of wines.
- pungency or strong, sharp flavor, as of substances when fresh or in good condition.
- nature or any of the forms of nature as the model or subject of a work of art: drawn from life.
- [Baseball.]another opportunity given to a batter to bat because of a misplay by a fielder.
- (in English pool) one of a limited number of shots allowed a player: Each pool player has three lives at the beginning of the game.
- as large as life, actually;
indeed: There he stood, as large as life.Also, as big as life.
- come to life:
- to recover consciousness.
- to become animated and vigorous: The evening passed, but somehow the party never came to life.
- to appear lifelike: The characters of the novel came to life on the screen.
- for dear life, with desperate effort, energy, or speed: We ran for dear life, with the dogs at our heels.Also, for one's life.
- for the life of one, as hard as one tries;
even with the utmost effort: He can't understand it for the life of him.
- get a life, to improve the quality of one's social and professional life: often used in the imperative to express impatience with someone's behavior.
- not on your life, [Informal.]absolutely not;
under no circumstances;
by no means: Will I stand for such a thing? Not on your life!
- take one's life in one's hands, to risk death knowingly: We were warned that we were taking our lives in our hands by going through that swampy area.
- to the life, in perfect imitation;
exactly: The portrait characterized him to the life.
- for or lasting a lifetime;
lifelong: a life membership in a club; life imprisonment.
- of or pertaining to animate existence: the life force; life functions.
- working from nature or using a living model: a life drawing; a life class.
Isis (iz),USA pronunciation v.
- 3rd pers. sing. pres. indic. of be.
- as is. See as 1 (def. 21).
Onon (on, ôn),USA pronunciation prep.
- so as to be or remain supported by or suspended from: Put your package down on the table; Hang your coat on the hook.
- so as to be attached to or unified with: Hang the picture on the wall. Paste the label on the package.
- so as to be a covering or wrapping for: Put the blanket on the baby. Put aluminum foil on the lamb chops before freezing them.
- in connection, association, or cooperation with;
as a part or element of: to serve on a jury.
- so as to be a supporting part, base, backing, etc., of: a painting on canvas; mounted on cardboard; legs on a chair.
- (used to indicate place, location, situation, etc.): a scar on the face; the book on the table; a house on 19th Street.
- (used to indicate immediate proximity): a house on the lake; to border on absurdity.
- in the direction of: on the left; to sail on a southerly course.
- (used to indicate a means of conveyance or a means of supporting or supplying movement): on the wing; This car runs on electricity. Can you walk on your hands? I'll be there on the noon plane.
- by the agency or means of: drunk on wine; talking on the phone; I saw it on television.
- in addition to: millions on millions of stars.
- with respect or regard to (used to indicate the object of an action directed against or toward): Let's play a joke on him. Write a critical essay on Shakespeare.
- in a state or condition of;
in the process of: on strike; The house is on fire!
- subject to: a doctor on call.
- engaged in or involved with: He's on the second chapter now.
- (used to indicate a source or a person or thing that serves as a source or agent): a duty on imported goods; She depends on her friends for encouragement.
- (used to indicate a basis or ground): on my word of honor; The movie is based on the book.
- (used to indicate risk or liability): on pain of death.
- (used to indicate progress toward or completion of an objective): We completed the project on budget.
- assigned to or occupied with;
operating: Who's on the switchboard this afternoon?
- [Informal.]so as to disturb or affect adversely: My hair dryer broke on me.
- paid for by, esp. as a treat or gift: Dinner is on me.
- taking or using as a prescribed measure, cure, or the like: The doctor had her on a low-salt diet.
- regularly taking or addicted to: He was on drugs for two years.
carried by: I have no money on me.
- (used to indicate time or occasion): on Sunday; We demand cash on delivery.
- (used to indicate the object or end of motion): to march on the capital.
- (used to indicate the object or end of action, thought, desire, etc.): to gaze on a scene.
- (used to indicate subject, reference, or respect): views on public matters.
- (used to indicate an encounter): The pickpocket crept up on a victim.
- on the bow, [Naut.]bow3 (def. 7).
- in, into, or onto a position of being supported or attached: Sew the buttons on.
- in, into, or onto a position of covering or wrapping: Put your raincoat on.
- fast to a thing, as for support: Hold on!
- toward a place, point, activity, or object: to look on while others work.
- forward, onward, or along, as in any course or process: further on.
- with continuous activity: to work on.
- into or in active operation or performance: Turn the gas on.
- on and off, off (def. 22a).
- on and on, at great length, so as to become tiresome: They rambled on and on about their grandchildren.
- operating or in use: The television set was on. Is your brake on?
- taking place;
occurring: Don't you know there's a war on?
- performing or broadcasting: The radio announcer told us we were on.
- behaving in a theatrical, lively, or ingratiating way: Around close friends, one doesn't have to be on every minute.
- functioning or performing at one's best: When she's on, no other tennis player is half as good.
- scheduled or planned: Anything on after supper?
- [Baseball.]positioned on a base or bases: They had two men on when he hit the home run.
- [Cricket.]noting that side of the wicket, or of the field, on which the batsman stands.
- on to, aware of the true nature, motive, or meaning of: I'm on to your little game.
- [Cricket.]the on side.
Thethe1 (stressed ᵺē; unstressed before a consonant ᵺə;
unstressed before a vowel ᵺē),USA pronunciation definite article.
- (used, esp. before a noun, with a specifying or particularizing effect, as opposed to the indefinite or generalizing force of the indefinite article a or an): the book you gave me; Come into the house.
- (used to mark a proper noun, natural phenomenon, ship, building, time, point of the compass, branch of endeavor, or field of study as something well-known or unique):the sun;
the past; the West.
- (used with or as part of a title): the Duke of Wellington; the Reverend John Smith.
- (used to mark a noun as indicating the best-known, most approved, most important, most satisfying, etc.): the skiing center of the U.S.; If you're going to work hard, now is the time.
- (used to mark a noun as being used generically): The dog is a quadruped.
- (used in place of a possessive pronoun, to note a part of the body or a personal belonging): He won't be able to play football until the leg mends.
- (used before adjectives that are used substantively, to note an individual, a class or number of individuals, or an abstract idea): to visit the sick; from the sublime to the ridiculous.
- (used before a modifying adjective to specify or limit its modifying effect): He took the wrong road and drove miles out of his way.
- (used to indicate one particular decade of a lifetime or of a century): the sixties; the gay nineties.
- (one of many of a class or type, as of a manufactured item, as opposed to an individual one): Did you listen to the radio last night?
- enough: He saved until he had the money for a new car. She didn't have the courage to leave.
- (used distributively, to note any one separately) for, to, or in each;
a or an: at one dollar the pound.
Porchporch (pôrch, pōrch),USA pronunciation n.
- an exterior appendage to a building, forming a covered approach or vestibule to a doorway.
- a veranda.
- the Porch, the portico or stoa in the agora of ancient Athens, where the Stoic philosopher Zeno of Citium and his followers met.
- [Obs.]a portico.
Handhand (hand),USA pronunciation n.
- the terminal, prehensile part of the upper limb in humans and other primates, consisting of the wrist, metacarpal area, fingers, and thumb.
- the corresponding part of the forelimb in any of the higher vertebrates.
- a terminal prehensile part, as the chela of a crustacean, or, in falconry, the foot of a falcon.
- something resembling a hand in shape or function, as various types of pointers: the hands of a clock.
- index (def. 8).
- a person employed in manual labor or for general duties;
laborer: a factory hand; a ranch hand.
- a person who performs or is capable of performing a specific work, skill, or action: a real hand at geometry.
characteristic touch: a painting that shows a master's hand.
- a person, with reference to ability or skill: He was a poor hand at running a business.
- a member of a ship's crew: All hands on deck!
- Often, hands. possession or power;
control, custody, or care: to have someone's fate in one's hands.
- a position, esp. one of control, used for bargaining, negotiating, etc.: an action to strengthen one's hand.
- means, agency;
instrumentality: death by his own hand.
active participation or cooperation: Give me a hand with this ladder.
direction: no traffic on either hand of the road.
- style of handwriting;
penmanship: She wrote in a beautiful hand.
- a person's signature: to set one's hand to a document.
- a round or outburst of applause for a performer: to get a hand.
- a promise or pledge, as of marriage: He asked for her hand in marriage.
- a linear measure equal to 4 inches (10.2 centimeters), used esp. in determining the height of horses.
- the cards dealt to or held by each player at one time.
- the person holding the cards.
- a single part of a game, in which all the cards dealt at one time are played.
- [Roman Law.]manus (def. 2).
- hands, [Manège.]skill at manipulating the reins of a horse: To ride well, one must have good hands.
- a bunch, cluster, or bundle of various leaves, fruit, etc., as a bundle of tobacco leaves tied together or a cluster of bananas.
- [Mach.]the deviation of a thread or tooth from the axial direction of a screw or gear, as seen from one end looking away toward the other.
- the position of the hinges of a door, in terms of right and left, as seen from outside the building, room, closet, etc., to which the doorway leads.
- the position of the hinges of a casement sash, in terms of right and left, from inside the window.
- Also called handle. the fabric properties that can be sensed by touching the material, as resilience, smoothness, or body: the smooth hand of satin.
- [Archaic.]a person considered as a source, as of information or of supply.
- at first hand, firsthand (def. 1).
- at hand:
- within reach;
- near in time;
- ready for use: We keep a supply of canned goods at hand.
- at second hand, See second hand (def. 3).
- at the hand or hands of, by the action of;
through the agency of: They suffered at the hands of their stepfather.
- by hand, by using the hands, as opposed to machines;
manually: lace made by hand.
- change hands, to pass from one owner to another;
change possession: The property has changed hands several times in recent years.
- come to hand:
- to come within one's reach or notice.
- to be received;
arrive: The spring stock came to hand last week.
- eat out of one's hand, to be totally submissive to another;
be very attentive or servile: That spoiled brat has her parents eating out of her hand.
- force one's hand, to prompt a person to take immediate action or to reveal his or her intentions: The criticism forced the governor's hand so that he had to declare his support of the tax bill.
- from hand to hand, from one person to another;
through successive ownership or possession: The legendary jewel went from hand to hand.
- from hand to mouth, improvidently;
with nothing in reserve: They looked forward to a time when they would no longer have to live from hand to mouth.
- give one's hand on or upon, to give one's word;
seal a bargain by or as if by shaking hands: He said the goods would be delivered within a month and gave them his hand on it.
- hand and foot:
- so as to hinder movement: They tied him hand and foot.
- slavishly and continually: Cinderella had to wait on her stepsisters hand and foot.
- hand and glove, very intimately associated: Several high-ranking diplomats were found to be hand and glove with enemy agents.Also, hand in glove.
- hand in hand:
- with one's hand enclasped in that of another person.
- closely associated;
conjointly: Doctors and nurses work hand in hand to save lives.
- hand over fist, speedily;
increasingly: He owns a chain of restaurants and makes money hand over fist.
- hands down:
easily: He won the championship hands down.
incontestably: It was hands down the best race I've ever seen.
- hands off! don't touch, strike, or interfere! keep away from!: Hands off my stereo!
- hands up! hold your hands above your head! give up!
- hand to hand, in direct combat;
at close quarters: The troops fought hand to hand.
- have a hand in, to have a share in;
participate in: It is impossible that she could have had a hand in this notorious crime.
- have one's hands full, to have a large or excessive amount of work to handle;
be constantly busy: The personnel department has its hands full trying to process the growing number of applications.
- hold hands, to join hands with another person as a token of affection: They have been seen holding hands in public.
- in hand:
- under control: He kept the situation well in hand.
- in one's possession: cash in hand.
- in the process of consideration or settlement: regarding the matter in hand.
- join hands, to unite in a common cause;
combine: The democracies must join hands in order to survive.
- keep one's hand in, to continue to practice: He turned the business over to his sons, but he keeps his hand in it. I just play enough golf to keep my hand in.
- lay one's hands on:
- to obtain;
acquire: I wish I could lay my hands on a good used piano.
- to seize, esp. in order to punish: He wanted to lay his hands on the person who had backed into his car.
- to impose the hands in a ceremonial fashion, as in ordination: The bishop laid hands on the candidates.
- lend or give a hand, to lend assistance;
help out: Lend a hand and we'll finish the job in no time.
- lift a hand, to exert any effort: She wouldn't lift a hand to help anyone.Also, lift a finger.
- off one's hands:
- out of one's charge or care: Now, with their children grown and off their hands, they will be free to travel.
- successfully completed;
finished: The lawyer planned a vacation as soon as the case was off his hands.
- on all hands:
- by everyone;
universally: It was decided on all hands to take an excursion.
- on every side;
all around: piercing glances on all hands.Also, on every hand.
- on hand:
- in one's possession;
at one's disposal: cash on hand.
- about to occur;
imminent: A change of government may be on hand.
- present: There were not enough members on hand to constitute a quorum.
- on or upon one's hands, under one's care or management;
as one's responsibility: He was left with a large surplus on his hands.
- on the other hand, from another side or aspect;
conversely: Itwas an unfortunate experience, but, on the other hand, one can learn from one's mistakes.
- out of hand:
- beyond control: to let one's temper get out of hand.
- without delay;
at once: The crisis obliged him to act out of hand.
- no longer in process;
finished: The case has been out of hand for some time.
- without consideration or deliberation: to reject a proposal out of hand.
- shake hands, to clasp another's hand in greeting, congratulation, or agreement: They shook hands on the proposed partnership.
- show one's hand, to disclose or display one's true intentions or motives: The impending revolution forced him to show his hand.
- sit on one's hands:
- to be unenthusiastic or unappreciative;
fail to applaud: It was a lively show, but the audience sat on its hands.
- to take no action;
be passive or hesitant: While he was being beaten, the others sat on their hands.
- take a hand in, to take part in;
participate in: If the strike continues, the government will have to take a hand in the negotiations.
- take in hand:
- to undertake responsibility for;
assume charge: When both parents died, an uncle took the youngster in hand.
- to deal with;
treat of: We'll take the matter in hand at the next meeting.
- throw up one's hands, to admit one's inadequacy, exasperation, or failure;
despair: When the general received reports of an enemy build-up, he threw up his hands.
- tie one's hands, to render one powerless to act;
thwart: The provisions of the will tied his hands.Also, have one's hands tied.
- tip one's hand, to reveal one's plans or intentions before the propitious time.
- to hand:
- within reach;
accessible or nearby.
- into one's possession: A search of the attic brought some valuable antiques to hand.
- try one's hand (at), to test one's skill or aptitude for: After becoming a successful painter, he decided to try his hand at sculpture.
- turn or put one's hand to, to set to work at;
busy oneself with: He turned his hand successfully to gardening.
- wash one's hands of, to disclaim any further responsibility for;
renounce interest in or support of: I washed my hands of the entire affair.
- with a heavy hand:
- with severity;
oppressively: The law will punish offenders with a heavy hand.
- in a clumsy manner;
gracelessly: The play was directed with a heavy hand.
- with a high hand, in an arrogant or dictatorial manner;
arbitrarily: He ran the organization with a high hand.
- to deliver or pass with or as if with the hand.
- to help, assist, guide, etc., with the hand: He handed the elderly woman across the street.
- to take in or furl (a sail).
- to haul on or otherwise handle.
- hand down:
- to deliver (the decision of a court): The jury handed down a verdict of guilty.
- to transmit from one to another, esp. to bequeath to posterity: The ring had been handed down from her grandmother.
- hand in, to submit;
present for acceptance: She handed in her term paper after the deadline.
- hand in one's checks, [Chiefly Brit.]See cash (def. 7).
- hand it to, [Informal.]to give just credit to;
pay respect to: You have to hand it to her for getting the work out.
- hand off, [Football.]to hand the ball to a member of one's team in the course of a play.
- hand on, to transmit;
pass on to a successor, posterity, etc.: The silver service was handed on to the eldest daughter of the family.
- hand out, to give or distribute;
pass out: People were handing out leaflets on every corner.
- hand over:
- to deliver into the custody of another.
- to surrender control of: He handed over his business to his children.
- of, belonging to, using, or used by the hand.
- made by hand.
- carried in or worn on the hand.
- operated by hand;
Paintedpaint•ed (pān′tid),USA pronunciation adj.
- reproduced or represented in paint: a painted image.
- covered with a coating of paint: a painted chair.
feigned: a painted life.
- exaggerated or misrepresented: a luridly painted version of what really happened.
- covered with makeup, esp. to excess.
- brightly colored or multicolored (used in combinations).
Andand (and; unstressed ənd, ən, or, esp. after a homorganic consonant, n),USA pronunciation conj.
- (used to connect grammatically coordinate words, phrases, or clauses) along or together with;
as well as;
in addition to;
moreover: pens and pencils.
- added to;
plus: 2 and 2 are 4.
- then: He read for an hour and went to bed.
- also, at the same time: to sleep and dream.
- then again;
repeatedly: He coughed and coughed.
- (used to imply different qualities in things having the same name): There are bargains and bargains, so watch out.
- (used to introduce a sentence, implying continuation) also;
then: And then it happened.
- [Informal.]to (used between two finite verbs): Try and do it. Call and see if she's home yet.
- (used to introduce a consequence or conditional result): He felt sick and decided to lie down for a while. Say one more word about it and I'll scream.
on the contrary: He tried to run five miles and couldn't. They said they were about to leave and then stayed for two more hours.
- (used to connect alternatives): He felt that he was being forced to choose between his career and his family.
- (used to introduce a comment on the preceding clause): They don't like each other--and with good reason.
- [Archaic.]if: and you please.Cf. an2.
- and so forth, and the like;
et cetera: We discussed traveling, sightseeing, and so forth.
- and so on, and more things or others of a similar kind;
and the like: It was a summer filled with parties, picnics, and so on.
- an added condition, stipulation, detail, or particular: He accepted the job, no ands or buts about it.
- conjunction (def. 5b).
Rusticrus•tic (rus′tik),USA pronunciation adj.
- of, pertaining to, or living in the country, as distinguished from towns or cities;
- simple, artless, or unsophisticated.
- uncouth, rude, or boorish.
- made of roughly dressed limbs or roots of trees, as garden seats.
- (of stonework) having the surfaces rough or irregular and the joints sunken or beveled.
- a country person.
- an unsophisticated country person.
rus′ti•cal•ly, rus′tic•ly, adv.
rus′ti•cal•ness, rus′tic•ness, n.
Howdy , this post is about Back Porch Signs #1 Life Is Better On The Porch Hand Painted Pallet / Barnwood Sign. Distressed, Whitewashed And Rustic. This image is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 547 x 729. It's file size is just 56 KB. If You decided to download This blog post to Your laptop, you have to Click here. You might also download more pictures by clicking the following image or see more at this post: Back Porch Signs.
Back Porch Signs #1 Life Is Better On The Porch Hand Painted Pallet / Barnwood Sign. Distressed, Whitewashed And Rustic Set are not for all, but you really like contemporary rooms, if you have an understanding of the wonderful traces in structure and artwork. Currently, you most likely don't know how to develop the right contemporary bedroom agreement and also you might think it is something that the developer personalities are responsible for, nevertheless, you also can feel it having a small buying cautiously.
Oftentimes, you have to think about today's room like generating your bedroom such as a gallery, collection. The modern bedroom and bedroom collection allows a modern art gallery to be created by you within your room.
Again-this Back Porch Signs #1 Life Is Better On The Porch Hand Painted Pallet / Barnwood Sign. Distressed, Whitewashed And Rustic Collection must suit the contemporary substance and color scheme of glass accessories and white or black wood, steel. You may find a dressing table plus a quite piece that is contemporary with silver metal features that may provide a glance that is very pointed.
There are various alternatives to have this different colour to become the primary on your bedroom design. Next take into account assistance furniture's pieces you need in your bedroom. It is possible a complete contemporary bedroom set that has all the stuff you need to complete the design you wish for your room can be found by you. Before shopping, you must produce a list of the things you will need, to own every one of the storage you desire, along with pieces of other accent furniture that may complement the look you aim at.
Remember, inside the kind of contemporary furniture after the functionality, the portions are obviously ready to do their occupation, however the feeling of the memorial is available in the truth that they lack the design ornaments. Alternatively, the bedroom units are contemporary and the furniture is clean and clear in design and is typically a trademark cut that will often endure by itself or work nicely with others.
As this will be the center of your room public present you ought to focus on the sleep, oneself. Items to search for in a Back Porch Signs #1 Life Is Better On The Porch Hand Painted Pallet / Barnwood Sign. Distressed, Whitewashed And Rustic Collection are contrasting shades and smooth models. Generally contemporary bedroom sets' color will undoubtedly be bright dark and reddish. It may suggest bright bed, dark timber and red accent cushions. Or you are able to look at the head of the mattress with black bedrooms, metal frames and white glass accessories for bedroom sets.
Related Posts on Back Porch Signs #1 Life Is Better On The Porch Hand Painted Pallet / Barnwood Sign. Distressed, Whitewashed And Rustic
- Outdoor Mats For Front Door
- Cast Aluminum Patio Furniture Sale
- Exmoor Farm Cottages
- Maax Jacuzzi Tub
- General Finishes Lamp Black Milk Paint
- Bed Bugs New York City
- How Was The Periodic Table Developed
- Custom Banquettes
- 3 Bedroom Apartments In Miami
- Bathroom Ideas Perth
- Maine Motel & Cabins Lewiston Me
- Driftwood Bed
- Beach Theme Decorations
- Bottle Barn Liquors
- Can I Have Normal Birth After C Section
- How Are The Elements Arranged In The Periodic Table